Change Phone Number Dialed??

Hi All: Can the phone number on a ADEMCO home alarm (VIA39+, VISTA10, 4111XM) be changed from the one it now dials? Ant help is appreciated. George -NY

Reply to
George-NY
Loading thread data ...

Yes. You'll need access to installer level programming. This can be done from the keypad (unless of course the installing company "locked out" keypad and local programming). If that's the case, you're SOL. You can always disconnect the board and send it to a number of different individuals that post here who will unlock it and default it for a fee. Jim Rojas in Florida, Bob Campbell in Ontario, and "AJ" in Vancouver. Or you can replace it with a new upgraded one (just make sure your keypads are compatible).

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

The VIA39+ will be hard to unlock eh?

| >

| | | Yes. You'll need access to installer level programming. This can be | done from the keypad (unless of course the installing company "locked | out" keypad and local programming). If that's the case, you're SOL. | You can always disconnect the board and send it to a number of different | individuals that post here who will unlock it and default it for a fee. | Jim Rojas in Florida, Bob Campbell in Ontario, and "AJ" in Vancouver. | Or you can replace it with a new upgraded one (just make sure your | keypads are compatible). | | Frank Olson |

formatting link
|

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
George-NY

What if the neighbor isn't home? What happens if there's a fire or medical emergency Do you feel comfortable placing your family's safety in the hands of your neighbor because it will save a few bucks? Did you test your system weekly? What signal was sent that took 1/2 an hour for a response, and did you disarm the system immediately after it tripped? Call a few local alarm companies and have them look at your system, and possibly switch you to a more reliable monitoring station. If you want help locating some NY companies then email me and I'll be glad to help.

Best of luck,

Tom

George-NY wrote:

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

HAving the alarm dial your neighbor will not do any good unless your neighbor happens to be fluent in 4-2, 3-1 or maybe CID...at 3am when your alarm goes off and dials your neighbor he'd probably think its a fax machine and go back to sleep.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I haven't dealt with VIA or XM models (hate XM anyway), so this doesn't apply if you've got that. But if you've got a vista 10 then goto panelguides.com, download the installer manual, and read about how to enter programming during power-up. It's helped me take a number of panels away from other companies.

P.S.- if it doesn't work, it's locked out. on DSC the phone relay clicks several times if lockout is enabled. I can't remember off the top of my head if it applies here.

Reply to
S. Smith

Via-30 is just a slightly altered Vista-10 and the 16 is just a 4110XM

The old XM is another story but not hard to program

Reply to
Mark Leuck

man...i ripped out an old 4140 today (yah sunday yet)...forgot how freeking big the circuit boards where back then!...almost the entire top half of the ademco cabinet. It's resting in my garage right now...target practice or doorstop - what do you recommend?

:-)

| >

| > P.S.- if it doesn't work, it's locked out. on DSC the phone relay | > clicks several times if lockout is enabled. I can't remember off the | > top of my head if it applies here. | >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Tape a couple of road flares and a coil of wire to it, and leave it in a

7-eleven parking lot. js
Reply to
alarman

along with the under-carpet trap too?

what a mess this one was...idiots used duct tape (and plenty of it) to mark the wires (unjacketed twisted pair)...you know what that stuff turns into after 15 years of az heat?...one gooey sticky mess. Had to untangle the rats nest and clean all the wires off with alcohol and ring them all out..just that took 4 hours...sheesh. It's real purty now though :-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

It'd make a dandy replacement for any Moose panel

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I'm ignoring you. js

Reply to
alarman

Hmm. I didn't know that alcohol could clean that stuff off. That's good to know.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I use denatured alcohol all the time, takes the goo off. I use it on metal windows before attaching surface contacts too, never fall off.

Jack Daniels works ok too :-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

YOU ARE DEDICATED ! -Spotswood

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.