Central Station Cancel Signal

I thought you were objecting to o/c's interfering with homeowner phone lines, that's the only reason I would delay o/c's - dump the o/c info along with the daily test...saves a lot of traffic as they would all come in at the same time (along with the test). I've done this on commercial accounts when they're too cheap for a dedicated line and there was lots of o/cs on different partitions during the daytime.

| > Test at 3am. | >

| > And delay open/closes to send with the test...oh wait you cant do that | with | > some equipment can ya. | | The test I have no problem with but the O/C stuff would be a pain and why | would you want to delay O/C reports? | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

On a residential account O/C's would be a pain but I was just saying what good would it do to delay O/C's? If they wanted O/C reports wouldn't they want to know when the system was disarmed and not if?

Also what panels can delay those reports? DMP?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yep DMP. It sends time of the o/c's only it delays the transmission until it has something else to send...like the daily test or an alarm.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.