Central Station Cancel Signal

Me too. There is one of those cheaper than cheap monitoring centers advertising on the net that charges you by the way you use your system. They have a program that if you never use your alarm but need a certificate for your insurance company, they charge you a $1.00 per month. And I thought I had heard everything. This industry is full of some real winners. They probably have a Nigerian bank account they are trying to share as well!

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy
Loading thread data ...

Cripes, who are they ? I thought I'd heard everything....

RHC

There is one of those cheaper than cheap monitoring centers

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

formatting link

Reply to
Bob Worthy

If you really look at this, and compare their rates for a full monitoring service as most dealers would take it, they are actually more expensive by quite a bit.

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Yah, I know, I love how these types play their games, but how many DIYer type fall for it because they don't believe they will ever have an alarm except that "once". After all, isn't that the way they were sold if they do it themselves and don't trust the pro's. Wait until they get their first bill after a run away while they were on vacation. Hope they didn't spend all their money having fun. I mainly was pointing out about the insurance cert. on systems that are never used program.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

The old marketing trick..."sell the sizzle not the steak".....duh, when will people finally learn, you don't get something for nothing in business

RHC

"Frank Olson" wrote in message news:iXA2f.141889$1i.115475@pd7tw2no...

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

There used to be a company in Spruce Grove, Alberta that did nothing but sell signs. For $99.00 they'd give you a yard sign and decals for all your doors and windows...

Reply to
Frank Olson

They'd make a killing on the 5 buck a month plan plus 50 cents per alarm if there was every a runaway.

| >> RHC | >>

| >> There is one of those cheaper than cheap monitoring centers | >> > advertising on the net that charges you by the way you use your system. | >> > They | >> > have a program that if you never use your alarm but need a certificate | > for | >> > your insurance company, they charge you a $1.00 per month. And I | >> > thought | > I | >> > had heard everything. This industry is full of some real winners. They | >> > probably have a Nigerian bank account they are trying to share as well! | >> >>

| >> >

| >> >

| >>

| >>

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I do daily on residential and commercial. Free logged open/closes on all commercial unless they want reports or supervised o/c's. I also do o/c's on snowbirds, and free keyholder service for them too.

| > "Frank Olson" wrote in | > message news:iXA2f.141889$1i.115475@pd7tw2no... | >>

| >>

| >> At "A buck-a-month" and "a buck-a-signal"... You bet!! | >

| > Not when you consider the typical system sends a monthly test and thats | > about it 90% of the time | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hey, but would really be cool is if we could incorporate a card reader into the keypad...credit card.

| >

| > At "A buck-a-month" and "a buck-a-signal"... You bet!! | | Not when you consider the typical system sends a monthly test and thats | about it 90% of the time | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Not when you consider the typical system sends a monthly test and thats about it 90% of the time

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Monthly ? I don't know how it is out there Frank, but around here the dealers all use weekly tests for residential and daily for commercial. Some even go daily for residential !

So that would be $4 a month or $30 a month in that case....better to take their $5 package (but that's still more than most dealers pay from their station)...n'est pa ??

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

You are sounding more like bass every day. js

Reply to
alarman

At "A buck-a-month" and "a buck-a-signal"... You bet!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

There you go ! A perfect candidate for their services....they'd get rich (I knew I should have opened a monitoring station when I had the chance.....:)))

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

The system you consider "typical", I consider "a-typical". Our systems transmit opens and closes as well as a daily test.

Reply to
Frank Olson

On a residential? Thats kind of dumb and annoying for the customer

Reply to
Mark Leuck

"alarman" wrote in message news:u%G2f.65362$lq6.20926@fed1read01...

Really?? Never meant to. Opens and closes are logged for a reason. Daily tests are transmitted for much the same reason. When I was working for Chubb in Edmonton, several businesses wound up in severe financial trouble. A number of them had "incidents" where the owners "said" they had armed the system but it had "failed" to function properly when they had a break-in and they lost "thousands" of dollars in stock, and other damages etc. Insurance companies were looking for scape-goats and in two instances, Chubb wound up on the receiving end of a Statement of Claim involving subrogated damages. In order to head off any further such possibilities we started programming all our systems to transmit opens and closes (the signals were simply "logged" at the station if the customer wasn't paying for the reports). It's a practice I've continued with every company I've worked for since, and I believe a good one. In addition, there's been numerous occasions where customers have called in to say that they weren't sure that they'd armed their systems and could we somehow "check". "Yes, Mr. Smith, your system was armed at 1735 hours this evening. No worries." If you're not currently offering the service, you might consider doing so. When you can save your customer from making a trip back to his office at the peak of rush hour his/her expressions of gratitude sure as heck makes it all worthwhile (particularly when it results in their recommending your service to their friends and neighbours).

If a system fails to arm and then fails to test, we follow up the next day. It's not unusual for a business to "shut down" suddenly. On a "monthly test" you could wind up "out of the loop" for up to 29 days before you realized that the phones had been disconnected and the customer's "flown the coop". It's a good way of "staying on top" of things.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Why?

Test at 3am.

And delay open/closes to send with the test...oh wait you cant do that with some equipment can ya.

| > >

| > > Not when you consider the typical system sends a monthly test and thats | > > about it 90% of the time | >

| >

| > The system you consider "typical", I consider "a-typical". Our systems | > transmit opens and closes as well as a daily test. | | On a residential? Thats kind of dumb and annoying for the customer | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The test I have no problem with but the O/C stuff would be a pain and why would you want to delay O/C reports?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.