Cell Video

Mobidoes Vs Total Control ???

So far tried both on my Droid 2. Mobideos works. TotalControl hangs.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

"Mobidoes and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy..." or so I always thought... :-)

Reply to
Frank Kurz

I got TotalControl working. Jury is still out. The setup hangs if you have the phone in landscape mode. Since I switch to landscape automatically when I need to slide out the keyboard and enter data that is a problem. I have to use the virtual keyboard in portrait mode with its tiny touch keys. On a DVR it seems like you have to setup each camera as an individual connection. Yuck! I have an e-mail off to them about it, but they have already decided I am an idiot so I may not get much there.

"I can't stress enough how people who have no clue about computers or cameras can figure out the two pages in minutes without any assistance."

On a price side Mobideos is a subscription service using their server to route video. Total Control is a one time purchase using a direct connection to the site.

Dedicated Micros is working on their own application, but its months out, and they only mentioned the iPhone. Yuck again.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I haven't looked into either one of them. Are they event recorders like the Napco thingy or streaming?

Reply to
Jim

Mobideos and TotalControl are cell phone applications for viewing cameras from your DVR or viewing your network camera on your cell phone. (Only works on smartphones with a data plan) So far I have only tested them on my Droid 2 and the MobiDEOS seems to work better and loads faster. I imagine it works in a similar fashion to iSeeVideo or iRemote from Napco.

All of them are subscription supported except the TotalControl. Sadly the guys with Total Control did not answer my last couple questions.

If I recall the Napco doohickey only supports upto six cameras and doesn't have switching support for bigger DVRs. Might be nice for a small residential system, but for the bigger commercial systems its not going to cut it.

One at a time MobiDEOS seems to be able to support a number of cameras (One at a time) on my phone. I have two DVRs setup on it from clients who have said I could use their systems for demos. One has 15 cams and the other has

1. P.S. Tri-Ed still sucks. (Has nothing to do with this topic)

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Kinda... had a better reply, but it never appeared.

P.S. Tri-Ed still sucks

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I've got it on my iPhone and Blackberry and haven't had a problem, didn't know they updated the Android one for video yet

Reply to
mleuck

They are still playing catchup to Alarm.com which has a much better interface.

Reply to
mleuck

The TotalControl Ap hangs if you do not keep your phone in Portrait display mode. The big hang up though is if you ask them a question they kinda climb up your ass about it.

Paraphrasing: "People who know nothing have it running perfectly in a couple minutes." "Its in the manual." "The problem must be with your mail reader.' "You know!? A plus sign... has a cross bar and a vertical bar."

I was leaning that way since it's a one time purchase for clients rather than $230 (16 channel DVR) a year (retail) to use MobiDeos, but I really don't want to offer either one to my clients after playing with them both for several days.

With MobiDeos a power IT users is going to want to know why if they are already paying for broadband, cell service, and a data package why they are paying to connect to their own equipment using their own service on a continuing basis to yet another vendor.

Both work on the Android 2. MobiDEOS automatically shows the cameras on the DVR that the user has access to. TotalControl makes you setup each one individually. MobiDeos connects a little faster, but you have to go back and manually select a different camera from a list. TotalControl has a "next camera" button in the soft options pop up.

Looks like they both charge you for each camera you can connect to even if they are all at the same IP address (like a multi channel DVR) and logon.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

formatting link
Really? Another table top panel?

****** John, Thank you for contacting Alarm.com.

The existing wireless system isn't compatible with our upgrade system but we have a national re-seller named EDITEDOUT Security that can offer a new GE manufactured Simon XT system along with the Alarm.com enabled GSM wireless module.

You can view EDITEDOUT's equipment packages as well as their pricing online by going to

formatting link
or by calling (800)

555-1212. I have also included EDITEDOUT's Senior Security Advisor EDITEDOUT on this email so he will follow up with you to answer any questions.

The EDITEDOUT systems will give you access to the Alarm.com features including the 100% wireless communication, web dashboard monitoring and emPower home automation features. EDITEDOUT can also speak with you about our video monitoring feature which allows you to view live feeds and event triggered or motion triggered clips from any computer, PDA (iPhone, Blackberry, etc) or web-enabled cell phone.

You can view our video and web monitoring demo account and the advantages it provides by visiting

formatting link
and entering the login: EDITEDOUT and the password: EDITEDOUT. In addition to the Alarm.com features, there is central station monitoring which means in case of an alarm, a live operator will contact you and if there is no response, the operator will contact the local police/fire department.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this process and have a good day.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
0-

While yes you CAN get a tabletop unit you can also use Alarm.com with the hybrid GE Concord 4 and NX-4/6/8/8E panels, best upgrade I've ever seen.

Don't listen to John...

Reply to
mleuck

That e-mail was from Alarm.com to John. I edited out the contact info and the name of their "national" installer.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Alarm.com has a select group of companies in case someone wants a system, I have no idea what they use to choose a dealer but I imagine most inquiries are for limited desktop systems like that

I still wouldn't listen to John no matter who he is... :)

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.