CCTV ..viewing

Ok after a break in i have now installed 3 wired security cams on eves of house , i have set up an old p4 but now dedicated computer in the LOFT with a internal DVR card to do recording ...quality aint great buit the idea is cameras are more of a deterrant than anything else

Ok so thats all fine and plugging away for a few days question is HOW can i get to view this on the TVS throughout the house

I was thinking of some kind of TV card in the computer next and using that to output to a video sender receiver type setup

would it pick up the quad screen from the security dvr card and output it ??

mmm i cant think whats the other options / thoughts ?

Obviously theres a lot of dedicated secuiryt kit out there im trying to do somethin on the cheap

Ay thoughts or help on possible options would be appreciated

Reply to
Espaceman
Loading thread data ...

If the DVR card itself doesn't have a video output (some do), you could use something like an AverKey to feed the computer's VGA output to a TV's line input, and you'll get the same thing as you'd see on the computer's monitor.

Or you can find a used quad or multiplexor for cheap, daisy-chain the cameras through that, and that will provide your sequenced or split-screen camera display to your TV(s).

Reply to
Matt Ion

Excuse me but I think your over estimating what a camera will do. Do you really think that a camera is going to stop someone from breaking into your house? How about you send me your address, and I'll show up with a hooded shirt and and I will provide you with the pleasure of owning a video recording showing some unidentifiable person trash your home.

That being said ..... however .................

There are dozens of video converters available on the Internet that will convert just about any signal to any other signal. I might suggest that if your TV does picture in picture that it usually uses the RF input as the source. (Find out what your TV uses) So you might want to utilize this so you can "tune in" to your cameras via PNP without having to switch to another input on the TV.

Another thing, I don't know how fancy you want to get, but if your cameras have motion alarm settings and there's an alarm output on your DVR, you can utilize that output to trigger an infrared sender to send a signal to your TV that will automatically switch the TV's PNP mode on when motion is detected.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.