CCTV Camera

Is there such a thing as a CCTV camera that can give crisp clear images at night. Clear enough so that people can be recognised at a rang of about 20 metres.

TIA

Reply to
BIGEYE
Loading thread data ...

Yes, plenty of them.

Reply to
Roland More

Appreciate any suggetsions, as my van got damaged again last night. Can see the culprits but cant identify due to quality.

TIA

Reply to
BIGEYE

The Bosch LTC 0495 High Performance 1/3-inch Digital CCD Day/Night Camera (with the correct lens and housing for outdoor). There are many other similar Day/Night camera types from different vendors.

formatting link
if you have the cash try the Bosch Autodome 500i with auto track (it can be set to follow the person). You can see it at
formatting link

Reply to
Roland More

Absolutely. All depends on what you're willing to spend. Don't expect a $50 Costco "home security package" to do the trick. Something with good low-lux performance and a really fast (ie. large-maximum-aperture) lens are preferable. A motion-triggered floodlight on the area is a lot cheaper and probably more effective though, for both capturing the image with a cheaper camera, and for simply "discouranging" the vandals in the first place.

Reply to
Matt Ion

So sorry to here that unfortunite.

but Tia, Of course, the quality cctv camera can recognise the clear face, if you have an enough day/night CCD IR camera. So, reinstall your security equipments from your mechanic.

Reply to
Brittany

Hello, Tia,

yeh, you seems need a IR camera to satisfy your requirement. I required the engineer just now, you can use a IR camera with 30 pcs IR LED, matching 6mm/8mm. that is will help you to recongnize the clear image.

Good Luck!

Reply to
Brittany

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.