Can you use a Vista 128fbp with old adt focus 100 pids

-- I have a client who has finally realized his old focus 100 panel is kaput. But he's very cheap, & I have to come up with the best replacement. Have seen on earlier post that the Ademco VPLEX loop has been successfully used with the focus PIDs. Is that true too anyone's recent experience? If so, what do I need to look out for when bidding?

Reply to
ddog847
Loading thread data ...

I have heard the same thing, but never tried it (it may have been a thread I asked about them you read).

It sure would reduce the cost to your client if you can use them, and save you a lot of installation time and headaches.

Maybe you should bid it both ways, one price if the ADT PIDs work and another if you have to go behind all the devices and swap PIDs for V-Plex mods.

Does the client have fire on the current system? If so, you best check to make sure you're not violating any fire codes with the Frankenstein you're creating.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Hi there. I am in a similiar situation. Any luck using existing ADT PID sensors or wire on a Hwell loop?

Reply to
OnGuardMan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.