Can't connect to ADT or Monitronics Ademco Panels

I am looking for information on how to unlock Compass so I can download to ADT, Monitronics and Protection One security panels. You can unlock cell phones, satelites dish receivers and video games; it seem to reason this should be able to be unlocked.

Reply to
unlockmaster
Loading thread data ...

Sir, contact Jim Rojas on this newsgroup....www.tech-man.com

R.H.Campbell Home Security Metal Products Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

formatting link

Reply to
RH.Campbell

Umm aren't you the unlock master?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

"Unlock" Compass?? Ummm... Don'tcha mean "obtain" a copy of the software that's proprietory to ADT, Montronics and Protection One??

Reply to
Frank Olson

Actually with a change of a couple of bytes in 2 dll files.......mmm never mind

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I checked tech-man.com but didn't find anything. Thanks though. I have heard that there was a program that would unlock the software to connect to these panels. Tech support connects to anything. I guess no one knows how to do this.

Reply to
Unlockit

You really want this poor uy to scrash his compass suggesting that?

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Sure it would be kinda fun to watch the meltdown :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It's not about unlocking. If you look at Compass, you'll see the list of panels it supports is actually a list of EXE programs, one for each panel (Vista20.exe, for example). Compass is a front end database program that manages access to these exe files. The ADT version of Compass contains exe files for the ADT panel types.

Even if you had the proper exe files, you could not just add them to your version of Compass, because Compass contains a front end Access database listing the panels it can program, and the individual exe files will only run from within Compass. Now if you can hack password-protected Access databases, you could deal with that problem, but you'd still need the panel-specific exe files.

- badenov

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.