Can I use coaxial cable to feed IP camera and convert it to Rj45 ?

I have the existing network for analogue camera by using RG6 and it's impossible to replace it by UTP Cat6 as the result of conduit problems. Now I would like to replace the existing camera by explosion IP camera and the supplier informed me that it is not available analogue type so I will by IP type but I need to use the existing network so please advise . Note , Al camera will be PTZ.

Reply to
My name is Mohamed Mohy
Loading thread data ...

Rather than trying to find an IP explosion proof camera I would suggest tha t you look for another supplier.

All you have to do is Google explosion proof analog cameras and you will se e that they are, in fact, available. Now days the preferred analog type cam era is of the "TVI" type. This is analog but at 1080P resolution over coaxi al cable.

If you are looking for a resolution higher than 1080P you would have to go to an IP camera with greater than a 3MP resolution. For this capability jus t Google "IP camera over coaxial cable". There are converters available wit h varying capability and pricing.

Also, you say that you are using RG6 for your present analog cameras. This will work most of the time but can occasionally present problems. You shoul d be using RG59.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.