Camera Mirror Setup

On 11/26/2017 8:50 PM, E D wrote: > Hi Les, > > The units that I used were TP-LINK AV2000 2-PORT gigabit pass-thru Powerline starter kit. It uses the latest AV2 standard, allows 4k HD streaming. It does claim up to 2000Mbps Powerline speed, about $90 or so. MODEL # PA9020P KIT >

Interesting!! I tried a Trendnet product a number of years ago to transmit Ethernet in a old house. It failed................. Units are on my "pile" as I type. Maybe TP-LINK got it right.

Have a good week.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1
Loading thread data ...

WOW! FABULOUS THREAD !!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAVO TO ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Jim Davis

E D,

I may have had an epiphany last night in my sleep.

Let me run this past you for your thoughts.

The sign at the entrance is on a timer that is set to come on for about

12 hours a day(at night). If I would remove the timer from electrical closet and install a duplex receptacle on the circuit at that location and then at the sign install another duplex receptacle and split out to the timer for the sign lights. Then use that hot circuit for PoE to a camera that is plugged in to a AV2000 and get signal back to the closet where the NVR and other equipment is located for video feed. TaDa!!!

Did I type that right and/or did I miss something??

Thanks!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Thanks Jim,

It is always good to be ABLE to brainstorm with others to resolve a challenge.

This 'GROUP' is N-O-T dead.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Oh and the estimated distance from sign to closet is about 220 feet. That is approximate wire length. +/- 20 feet

Reply to
ABLE1

Hi Les,

I believe that would be correct. Basically, you are moving the timer to the sign end, therefore, you would then have continuous power from the buildin g to the sign. The timer would still be able to function to switch the sign on and off just as before.

You now have continuous power to run the 2 cameras, and you now have a mean s to transmit the signal over the gigabit power-line adapters. If the sign is using 220V, then you would only use one of the 110v leg and the ground/r eturn wire as a circuit for your cameras/POE.

Depending on what electronics that are being used for the sign, there is a possibility that some interference may be present. But, I would not keep th at from preventing me to proceed. That can be dealt with easily later if it rears its head.

Sorry for not responding faster to your thread, but Sundays is when I gener ally have more time for the forum. I am always extremely busy and it is har d for me to find time to relax and do what I want to do.

Have a safe and great day, and run like the wind with your brilliant epipha ny.

Reply to
napinc7

Les,

Not to raise the ugly head of the Electrical inspector (insurance underwriter)

but don't forget the surge protectors at both ends (ie.. NEC part 70)

I don't think that should impact the electronic signal but you never know..

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.

Reply to
RTS

Rocky,

I assume that you are referring to protectors on the data between the PowerLine device and the camera and other Ethernet equipment. Not on the AC run itself. I believe placement on the AC will cause problems with the Powerline signal between Powerline Devices.

Unless I am missing something............... which is not difficult.

Thanks,

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

E D,

Thanks for the confirmation. And no problem at all on the response time. Very timely and helpful.

I just returned from the site. Went there to confirm my thinking and to look at some other issue that need thought out.

I do think this will work as well. My only reservation is the TP-Link equipment. Never having used it before always makes me nervous that I may be going down a bad path. Until it is actually installed and working "the first time" is not fun. After it is know to work, all the pressure is off and happy dance all around.

I may just have to buy a set to play around with.

Thanks again,

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

well like with fire alarm ckts where ever you pass out of a structure and into another you need protection,

doesn't matter if low voltage or high voltage,

only exception I can think of is optic cable..

((As I read it that is))  ;-)

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.

Reply to
RTS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.