camera failure

probably the wire. eliminate the wiring to the remote location and connect camera directly to find out if its the camera or the wiring.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

Take that wire off at the Multiplexor end as well, in case it is feeding unwanted power (bleed over) or a ground back into the multiplexor. Are the BNC's twist on's or the crimp on type?

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I have a Philips video monitor with a Pelco duplex monochrome multiplexer. The problem is with my sony camera (b/w video #ssc-m183) no matter were I plug the camera in on the 9 camera inputs on the multiplexer it messes up. Oh it works for a while then acts up. I even tried swithching cameras with another on. Still acts up. I am stumped. could I have a failing multiplexer or could it just be bad wiring to the camera. Thanks, Steve snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

Reply to
closetdrunk

if like you said wherever you put "that" camera on the mux it still gives an issue, then it has to do with the camera. Could be wiring, interference, or the camera.

How old is the camera? What type of issue are you having? What type of wiring are you using? How is the camera powered?

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.