Caddx NX8E

Hi,

IPdatatel does have upload capabilities, we just do not use it. A call to their sales/tech team will quickly get you all the particular information that you require. I can guess that a dynamic IP address will not present any problem for your concerns. After all, the devices find themselves back to their servers and vice-versa without any problems. If the units can transmit and receive for interactive and direct keypad programming as if you were at the customer's house without any IP configurations, then upload/dowload should logically be the same, but do check with them.

Reply to
E DAWSON
Loading thread data ...

Just so you know .............. Spyros lives in Greece

Reply to
Jim

Ok, so it is not like Greece, New York and more like the real Greece, Europe. Yep, just noticed the " .gr " in the message address. So what's the point in asking the question...I would say that there just might be a 'slight' delay in IPdatatel's server relays. Never mind the voltage differential, just a minor hickup. Thanks.

Reply to
E DAWSON

Yap, Greece here :)

so ipdatatel works only via its own server? cause lets say about Envisalink

3 which is also connected to bus, works with envisa servers and standalone via port forward on router but it cannot provide udl capabilities...
Reply to
spyros

Yap, Greece here :)

so ipdatatel works only via its own server? cause lets say about Envisalink3 which is also connected to bus, works with envisa servers and standalone via port forward on router but it cannot provide udl capabilities...

Yep,

Herein lies the power of the geeks. It's all in the software programmed into the cards. The cards have the ability to do what you want, but if it is not programmed in, you have to pay as in the case of IPdatatel, or do without, as in the case of Envisalink3.

The Envisalink3 card could possibly be setup so that a dealer could charge their own fees to their subscriber without the dealer having to pay any fees to anyone...

Reply to
E DAWSON

The Envisalink is exclusive to DSC and Honeywell, do you know if there is an equivalent (free service) product for other panels?

Reply to
Jim

None that I presently know of. But..., DSC and Honeywell are 2 very different panels. I am surprised that both of these are compatible. Networx seems closer to DSC in logic programming than Honeywell. Someone might want to experiment with that in the future... I have never used Envisalink3.

Reply to
E DAWSON

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.