Caddx NX-8 Alarm system in my home I just bought, but no codes - HELP

Hello All, I am new to this group, but desperately need your help. We bought our home and it has a Caddx NX-8 alarm system with a 148E keypad. There are no notes, information about what the master or user codes might be, so I think I will have to reset the system to default, but no matter what i try I cannot get it to go. Could be looking at the wrong instructions too.

It was not hooked up to the power, so I connected the AC to it and the siren immediately goes off. So I disconnected it in the control panel.

I have looked over the internet for instructions on how to reset this system but not really getting conclusive instructions that work.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Matt

Reply to
Matt Bushnell
Loading thread data ...

it's likely armed and has to be disarmed before you can get into programming to default it

Reply to
mleuck

So Matt,

What US State and County are you located?? Might help a bit to know.

As for defaulting the NX-8 you need the installer code.

Given the fact that the NX- product line has been discontinued as of January 1, 2020 new is not going to happen easily.

Your choices are call a local dealer that may have installed it to provide a service call. (Be advised that the panel may already have a problem that can't be recovered)

Or

Look on eBay for a replacement board. Doubtful (none today)

Or

Upgrade the system to something new. DSC -- Ademco -- Something??

The above choices are your only praticial choices.

Please choose wisely!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I show 1 board on Ebay today but they are also currently available as kits on Amazon, might get it quicker too

Reply to
mleuck

If you are inclined to replace the panel I'd suggest that you replace it with a manufacturer that is not on the decline.

DSC seems to be a DIY friendly and cheap product.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Wait....did you just give a compliment to DSC???

Reply to
mleuck

No, I just recommended a piece of crap to an end user who wouldn't know what to do with a professional piece of alarm equiptment

Reply to
Jim Davis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.