CADDX NX-8

Oh please tell me how you can arm/disarm and activate outputs with the DLS-900 software.

Nevermind, it can't be done.

Julian

Reply to
julian
Loading thread data ...

Yes there is a new version and the is an icon of the keypad

Reply to
Rich

under view, keypad status, used to be able to control keypad haven't tried it with the new software. event log is automatically saved when you upload it. joe

Reply to
joe

???? Say what yourself! Just how do you arm/disarm with the software? And activate outputs? I just downloaded a panel and I searched like crazy for these options and they are not there. Perhaps you have an older version with these options? I have the current version, recently upgraded.

Since we're at it, can you save the uploaded event buffer or do I have to keep printing it?

GE Techs don't seem to know much about the software. (at least the ones I talk to)

Regards,

Julian

>
Reply to
julian

You go to the keypad display and can arm/disarm it there, I am incorrect about the outputs, the old DOS software would make you enter in the code with that keypad display and I forgot you can't do that in the new software with a user code set to activate outputs

THAT you do have me on, you could I guess print it to a pdf

Nope they sure don't, mostly because they closed down the old Caddx tech support, many of them don't even know Enterprise exists

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Hi, I have ordered the NX-8E instead because the NX-8 was out of stock.

I would like to understand what the 2 amp power rating mean? Does it mean the panel draws more power, or is it related to power output (since you mentioned Auxillary power)

Also I would like to know is there anything I cannot do without the RS-232 kit/cable. Is it mainly for installers to speed up the configuration?

Reply to
jeremy_ho

more 12VDC output for powered devices like motions, glass breaks, smokes etc.

what part are you referring to? NX508? NX___?

Reply to
joe

You got a little bet better panel, more zones, better accessories, more power to add things on. like smokes Keypads ect. You ok good to go...

Reply to
Rich

As the others mentioned the 2 amps is for running other parts of the system. You can program everything either through the keypad or with a modem. The RS-232 cable is mostly for connecting it to a home automation system but with some tweaking it will allow programming. It's just not the primary use. Installers would normally use another box the NX586E. Its less hassle than that cable and works on the non-E panels.

jeremy snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

Reply to
mezrac

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.