CADDX NX-6 question from homeowner

news:oUd2e.3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net... All alarm companies are scumbags if they charge for service or want to make a profit. (kidding of course)..but I did know a guy out here who charged his COST on everything (seriously) because he felt he should NOT make a profit on his customers. Needless to say, he's not around anymore to provide his "customers" any kind of service.

I should think he would have been smart enough to figure out how that would have ended?

Reply to
Mark Leuck
Loading thread data ...

Precisely.

Nor do most of us care.

True, but it seems likely he does.

I've forgotten what the OP said. Was this in a house when he bought the place?

He says he did. Absent proof he didn't, I prefer to give him the benefit of your doubt.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

These newer locks are easy to pick (not like the old medeco locks)...or = that a nice sharp drill bit wouldn't open - if I'm in a hurry.

Yah..yer right..nothing worse than going out expecting to program a = Vista panel and finding some odd-ball panel in an Ademco enclosure.

monitoring

Reply to
Crash Gordon

He was an idiot actually.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I agree. Twice this year I've had calls from people moving into homes where I installed the system, but wanting to bring their old alarmco with them. They say their installed told them the panels were "locked out", and would I furnish the installer code so they can take it over. The fact is that neither panel was locked. Either the installers didn't know how to default it, or they were too lazy to reprogram it. I offered to return the installer codes to default by d/l, but neither panel was connected to the phone line. Trying to explain all this to the new homeowner is like talking to a wall. One of the alarmcos called and gave me attitude; said their installer had been doing this for 12 years, and knew the panel was connected to the line, what was I trying to pull? I finally drove out to one house out of curiousity and found the phone line disconnected at the protector. Their "experienced installer" saw my RJ31X at the panel and just assumed the phone was connected. I tried to explain this to the homeowner, and got a bored look. I should have left, but I connected the line and explained that now even the other company's "expert" should be able to get the system on line.

You're welcome.

The other call came just the other day. My customer moved last year, and my attempts to contact the new homeowner were unsuccessful. Of course now the system is in trouble, so it's suddenly my emergency. The keypad is beeping, and their friend is there working on the system. He's "familiar with alarm systems", and "needs me to unlock the system so he can work on it". Again, attitude, from the homeowner this time. "No, I didn't lock the panel, no I won't give you my installer code, but I'll try a d/l when I get back to the office." More attitude, apparently that's not quick enough "service" on my part. Later tried to d/l, but no phone connection. Called the homeowner to explain, she wants to put her "technician" back on the phone so I can walk him through the default/reprogramming/troubleshootin process. Yeah, right. js

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.