Cable Bundles in a Metal Frame Building?

What is the best way to attach CCTV/alarm cable bundles to the metal frame members in a warehouse?

Reply to
ssmith39 .
Loading thread data ...

e members in a warehouse?

I presume that you are talking about the "truss" bars holding up the ceilin g (?)

If so, I usually run the cable along the connecting angle iron that runs fr om truss to truss as support and then branch out to the side walls suportin g the cables via the angles at the bottom of the trusses. I use tie wraps. Wires are clamped to side walls using various types of clamps determined by the size of the bundle/wire. Sometimes down walls via conduit ..... metal or plastic. If you're talking about large bundles then there are various ty pes of cable trays, hooks and support products that are available

Reply to
Jim

For metal stud I like to punch holes and put in plastic bushings.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

On Friday, August 23, 2013 7:51:33 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote: For metal stud I like to punch holes and put in plastic bushings.

Oh ...... Yeah .... I wasn't thinkin metal studs, just trusses. Yep bushings and straps but ...... I can't stand working with metal studs. PITA!!!!

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.