C & K COMMANDER II

Does anyone have experience with this old Commander II software for the C & K 238 panels? I have loaded it correctly and it seems to be working but the modem is not staying connected with the site. Not sure if it is a modem problem or Windows XP issue.

Of course Honeywell is no help, they won't support this product.

Todd

Reply to
scania
Loading thread data ...

This is only a guess but if it functions like Napco and most other panels, the

238 only sends "carrier" while it is transmitting data. Most modems hang up when carrier from the panel is lost. Napco's solution is a gadget that keeps the phone line open. Many dealers just connect a phone to the modem's "telephone" jack (not the "line" jack) and leave it off the hook during the call. You might be able to do the same with your modem though I haven't tried it with C&K products. If you do, use a desk phone and disconnect the cord from the handset so you don't introduce noise on the line.
Reply to
Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

I hve used it with hayes 1200 modem with no problems but thats 5 yars ago with all the horseshit going on with digital upgrades to pone lines modem cn think it is geting a hang up signal

Reply to
nick markowitz

I'll try that today. I am using same Hayes 1200.

thanks

Reply to
scania

thanks

Reply to
scania

thanks

Reply to
scania

thanks

Reply to
scania

I have mine running fine on XP.

Change MT.exe properties to emulate Win95, then use default modem string. then select CTTI modem thingy, not Bell 103

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Wrong, C&K panels don't do that, the usual culprit is he's got the wrong modem

Reply to
mleuck

Thanks. As I said, it was only a guess.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Does anyone still have that software and if yes, can you send me a copy?

Reply to
Hristos Mourselas

Hello Hristos,

This is not a response to the specific question.

However, it is a historical response to the subject line. It will be of some good or maybe bad memories for others here. :-)

Go here for some more input!!

formatting link
Have a nice day....................................

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I have Commander 2 v3.5, it's may be too big to send by email tho

Reply to
mleuck

Can you send it through we transfer to snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com ?

Reply to
Hristos Mourselas

I tried to send you an email for you to send it through we transfer but it was not posted (I suppose some kind of protection) so I will try to find another way

Reply to
Hristina Lilikaki

Can you make a file transfer using we transfer to thanasismrilk(at)gmail(dot)com ? I wrote it like that because it would not be posted.

Reply to
Hristos Mourselas

Hello, is this software still available? Thank you

Reply to
u505

Hello, is this software still available? Thank you

Reply to
u505

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.