Brinks Home Security v Jim Rojas

Multi billion dollar corporation feels financially threatened by a small online alarm business located in Tampa, Florida.

Read all about it.

formatting link
The court documents are all available for public viewing:

formatting link
Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas
Loading thread data ...

Brinks Home Security, a multi billion dollar corporation feels financially threatened by Jim Rojas, a small online alarm business located in Tampa, Florida.

Read all about it.

formatting link
The court documents are all available for public viewing:

formatting link
Jim Rojas

Please post this message to any newsgroup, forum, or message board that would find this interesting reading. HTML postings of all public court documents are encouraged for easier reading.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Jim looks like you're getting pretty deep in this. Also from reading their motion dated 5/31 they are monitoring this ng AND are quoting what people here have said. I'm no attorney; but I'd keep my trap shut if I were you guys. Seriously.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I hope you're lining up a lawyer for that hearing on Monday morning. If you don't have one, Brink's is going to chew you up, spit you out, and charge you for doing it.

The motion for default judgment is asking for damages of $2,561,100. They'll probably get less than that, but it's still going to hurt you badly. Since you live in Florida, you get to keep your house under the O.J. principle (he owes the Goldmans $30 million, but they can't take his house away). Otherwise, you may find yourself declaring bankruptcy.

The lawyers claim they've already spent $35,000 going after you, and they want to send you the bill. You are not going to win this battle in the court of public opinion, and you are not going to beat a team of lawyers by yourself in federal court.

You are going to get crushed like a bug unless your lawyer can pull a rabbit out of the hat by Monday morning. Do not ignore this, like you ignored the original lawsuit. It isn't going to go away. It's only going to get worse, unless you act right now.

- badenov

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

and good luck on July 16th

Reply to
Crash Gordon

formatting link

Jim: What's the log-in ID and password? :-)

These guys are pure nutballs. Unfortunately they also have access to practically limitless funds. Get yourself a good lawyer. Set up a Paypal account (the official Jim Rowhouse-because-needs-the-space-for-all-those-used-Brinks-panels legal defense fund. I'm sure there are more than just a few of us who would contribute. Good luck and best wishes.

Reply to
Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Nick Lawrence

I certainly hope you have a strategy for fighting this action other than posting here. As a practical matter you might not want to post that information on this NG for Brinks to read of course. In case you've never had the misfortune, I can tell you going into Federal Court is no small thing. Perhaps you have consulted an attorney and are shocked at the amount of retainer he or she wants for this case. Just guessing I wouldn't be surprised if an experienced attorney wants up to 25K as a retainer to take this on. (I don't think there are many attorneys that would want this pro bono either). $25K is more than most have in their pay pal account I am sure. (Guess what? Brinks isn't going to lose this by running out of cash). If not that then what? You are going to pull a rabbit out of your hat? You can't show up to court in a bunny suit and hope to hop around the issues. I know several cop buddies that have been cited for contempt of court (and served processing time) just for being late to court (with good reason). I don't know what kind of show this judge runs, but it seems you haven't gotten on her good side just yet. The Federal Courtroom is a very busy place. The judge isn't going to slow down and take time to listen to a (pro se) defendant bumble through an argument to make a point for the court to act on. That is not how it works. From what you posted so far it is like watching your execution in slow motion. I hope this thing somehow turns around for you. Good luck.

"Jim Rojas" wrote in message news:46958a78$0$8006$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...

formatting link

Reply to
Roland More

I have printed the Documents, Thank You.

When I show them on sales calls to people who have gotten a quote or talked to Brinks it put an end to them wanted to deal with Brinks.

End users do not like the idea of having an alarm in their home that if they sell the home it has no value to the resell of the home if it is not part of the home and can not be used by the new owner unless they sign a contract with Brinks.

Thanks Brinks for the help, and good luck Jim.

George Siegle

formatting link

Reply to
George Siegle

Brinks relies heavily on consumer ignorance. We live in a time where all that has changed, where information on any topic is readily available with a mouse click. An informed consumer can be your best customer.

Good luck on your future sales.

Jim Rojas

George Siegle wrote:

formatting link
>

Reply to
Jim Rojas

be careful what you say here

| > Read all about it. | >

| >

formatting link
| >

| > The court documents are all available for public viewing: | >

| >

formatting link
| >

| > Jim Rojas | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

google.com

Search for the following words... how to write press release

Search for the following words... newspaper addresses

Reply to
Bill

I honestly haven't had any requests for unlocking any Brinks system, other than general email questions. The Instant Unlocker tool would only be able to remove the lockout code. You would still need an EEPROM programmer, or the PGM670 or S3121 programmer to make changes to the panel. That's why using a product like the Panel Saver would make more sense. Visit their website at

formatting link
Thank you for your ideas though.

Jim Rojas

Hey Jim. I have an idea. Why not contact these Canadian guys and see if they would be willing to do something with brinks panels? I have read some of the documents on your website and it does look like the brinks panels use the same type of chips. If brinks is going after you on a federal level, the last time i checked, canada is not within that reach.

formatting link
Talk to these guys as well. It looks like they can actually make a unit to accommodate brinks panels easily.

formatting link
Good luck to you

Arnie S.

Crash Gord> be careful what you say here

formatting link
| >

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Jim Rojas,

It looks more like this multi-billion dollar corporation is about to stomp you into the ground. If you fail to heed the advice you've been given about hiring an attorney that is what they will do. That would truly be a shame. You're a decent guy and you don't deserve what's going to happen to you. They, OTOH, are an awful bunch of thugs who deserve to be put out of business. Nevertheless, they are about to trounce you unless you do the smart thing right away.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I'm not sure he needs advice from a convicted felon but what exactly IS the "smart thing"?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

There's no point in reiterating it. I and several others have already told him. Unlike most here, I studied law in college. Rojas is a nice guy and I hate to see him get hurt. He has decided to go bare-knuckles with these guys and they're going to ruin him financially. Because he lives in Florida Brinks will not get his house. They can and will take every other dime he has though. That's sad because he's right and they're wrong but, as others have said, the legal system has little to do with right and wrong.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I have contact many attorneys. Each one either requires a huge retainer, or flat out refuse to represent me if it involves Brinks Home Security. I am not going to let these bottom feeders disrupt my life. I already transferred my millions to the Caman Islands.

Jim Rojas

Robert L Bass wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

how huge?

Reply to
newb
25K+ range

Jim Rojas

newb wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

told him. Unlike most here, I studied law in college.

it sounds like you have studying law (Which I doubt you did) confused with getting a felony conviction (which you did do)

They are two different things

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.