Brinks Home Security Pays Off The Better Business Bureau

If you do a Better Business Bureau search on Brinks Home Security, you will find that 99 percent of the registered complaints filed mysteriously get explained away. How can a company with thousands of complaints have a favorable rating? I'll tell you how. Its called MONEY. These guys f*ck over the general public on a daily basis. Another interesting note is that the BBB spreads out all the compliants throughout all the different branches. The last time I checked, Brinks HQ is in Texas. This is yet another sleezy tactic to avoid huge numbers of complaints filed to the BBB. Just on the few branches and main office lookups, I counted no less than 3500 registered complants. These guys make Robert Bass look like a prince. No offense intended Mr Bass.

Reese

Reply to
Anonymous Sender
Loading thread data ...

find that 99 percent of the registered complaints filed mysteriously get explained away. How can a company with thousands of complaints have a favorable rating? I'll tell you how. Its called MONEY. These guys f*ck over the general public on a daily basis. Another interesting note is that the BBB spreads out all the compliants throughout all the different branches. The last time I checked, Brinks HQ is in Texas. This is yet another sleezy tactic to avoid huge numbers of complaints filed to the BBB. Just on the few branches and main office lookups, I counted no less than 3500 registered complants. These guys make Robert Bass look like a prince. No offense intended Mr Bass.

Perhaps "Mr. Bass" should take a page from their marketing manual... But then, he's one to call the kettle black. He recently accused a competitor if "criminal behavior" and their BBB report only has 13 complaints against it as opposed to his 30+ and rising.

Reply to
Frank Olson

find that 99 percent of the registered complaints filed mysteriously get explained away. How can a company with thousands of complaints have a favorable rating? I'll tell you how. Its called MONEY. These guys f*ck over the general public on a daily basis. Another interesting note is that the BBB spreads out all the compliants throughout all the different branches. The last time I checked, Brinks HQ is in Texas. This is yet another sleezy tactic to avoid huge numbers of complaints filed to the BBB. Just on the few branches and main office lookups, I counted no less than 3500 registered complants. These guys make Robert Bass look like a prince. No offense intended Mr Bass.

With all the customers there is bound to be some malcontents. Then again, I never met a prospect with Brinks equipment in the house that knew they didn't own the stuff. Must be on page one of the don't tell, manual.

Reply to
Red

will find that 99 percent of the registered complaints filed mysteriously get explained away. How can a company with thousands of complaints have a favorable rating? I'll tell you how. Its called MONEY. These guys f*ck over the general public on a daily basis. Another interesting note is that the BBB spreads out all the compliants throughout all the different branches. The last time I checked, Brinks HQ is in Texas. This is yet another sleezy tactic to avoid huge numbers of complaints filed to the BBB. Just on the few branches and main office lookups, I counted no less than 3500 registered complants. These guys make Robert Bass look like a prince. No offense intended Mr Bass.

Yea it's kind of tough when they print it in big words on the Brinks control panel box

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Hmmm... The last Brinks "control panel box" we pulled was in a crawlspace under the house. It didn't exactly say "Property of Brinks"... Had some nice stickers on it though.

Reply to
Frank Olson

What I hate is when they slap their stickers on MY boxes and try to infer that they service it...now that's fraudulent if you axe me. (houses up for sale)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Did you think that truck slammers cornered the market on fraudulent? I wonder how they explain having to rip out the box they were supposedly servicing, only to replace it with a box that the customer won't own. I wish I had a recording of some of these guys schpeels. I'll bet that Boris, Natasha, and Snidely have nothing on some of them.

mysteriously

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Thats a different story, I'm talking about Brink's own boxes

mysteriously

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I know...i went off on my tangent.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

So wouldn't falsely labeling other people's boxes weaken their claim on their own boxes and certainly would weaken a claim like, "See it even has our sticker on it."

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Nope. The fact that they are a sleazy, dishonest company taking advantage of their customers does not give other sleazy, dishonest companies the right to use the garbage that they own.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Brinks has over a hundred authorized dealers all over the USA.

I think it was a big mistake to allow authorized dealers access to their customer base. It is a disaster waiting to happen.

Jim Rojas

Robert L Bass wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Since it's Brinks, disaster was always part of the plan, no?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Good point.

Jim Rojas

Robert L Bass wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I have one thing to say about that, "GOOD".............. :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

A company as large as Brinks resorting to taking on authorized dealers must be in a huge financial worry. Think about all the problems associated with these type of individuals.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with it. It's just that Brinks is too set in their ways to make this a viable option.

I have heard the horror stories from a few authorized dealers out there. Everything from no funding to holdbacks and chargebacks due to customers inability to pay many months down the line. Let's face it. The customer passes credit, pays the install fee, etc. Why should the dealer then be held responsible for the customer paying for whatever time limit Brinks sets? It is ridiculous. Then by contract the dealer is forbidden to salvage the deal or even take the customer back and keep it an in house account. After the chargeback, Brinks is then free to sign the customer back up at a lower rate...Watch your ass authorized dealers. Tactics like this will bankrupt you in no time.

I do think that alarm contract law needs to be changed. Customers that don't realize that they don't own Brinks equipment is totally unacceptable. Plain english law and larger fonts must be used. Portions in the contract like equipment ownership issues should be initialed by all parties to make the contract valid.

I have heard that in some countries that it is illegal for companies like Brinks to hide this fact concerning equipment ownership in microprint, or it is illegal for lease only systems for residential customers, since the overall equipment has little, to no value at the end of the contract. It is one thing to lease only a system as long as no service calls are charged. But to charge a high monthly rate, then charge a high service call rate is nothing short of extortion. Does anyone have any information or opinions regarding this?

Jim Rojas

Jim Rojas

Russell Brill wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

They shouldn't, but you have to agree that it's a "two way" street. The dealer is "piggy-backing" on a company with a recognized "name" in the industry. The problem is that unless the dealer has a good deal of clout (multiple offices in less populous centers), a company like Brinks can "set the tune they dance to" with little or no regard.

Since they "own the paper", there's not much the dealer can do. They're calling the shots. I'm not taking sides on this issue because I can see both views. There are ways to make things better, but both partners to the contract must be able to sit down and work to the "common good".

I don't think there's anything specifically WRONG with most alarm service agreements. I just think terms like cancellation clauses, ownership and specific liabilities should be highlighted.

They should be given the opportunity to read the fine print (that's not always possible with some "pushy" salesman). Some states/provinces employ a "cooling off" period of a few days which allows the consumer to investigate the deal a little further and cancel without obligation. I think the cancellation procedure should be simplified and made less onerous on the customer.

The customer should initial a section detailing this. The service charge rate should also be detailed (including after hours service terms).

Just two. Brinks Badda Bad. Jim gGGoood.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I think there might be one or two or a dozen legal precedents that disagree with you on that, but hey that's the great thing about our legal system. Its not about justice, but about who has the most money to do research and find legal precedents to support their case. Few judges want to counter another judges decision on the law. At best when that happens you can hope an appellate judge will look at the law instead of the precedent.

A company can't claim, "We never sell our equipment," if somebody can prove they do sometimes. They can't claim every panel with their name on it belongs to them if they clearly can be proven to relabel other people's panels.

Its not about proving ownership of a particular can, its about disproving blanket generic statements about ownership to make the claim to that particular can.

The onus of proof is on the accuser everytime. Individual judges have their own prejudices and may weight decisions one way or another, but that doesn't change the basic premise.

Of course when pairing all this crap with the FACT that people lie routinely in this society to suit their own ends... Document Document Document...

"We spoke with the old company and we are cancelling with them properly." A note goes on the contract to that effect before they sign it. Document Document Document...

"Hey, Our old alarm company is claiming that's their equipment and that we have to pay for it. We think this is your fault, and you didn't tell us. You are an alarm co. You should know this."

Reply, "I told you everything that was possible, and you stated clearly that you had taken care of it. Its on your contract. We even gave you a copy."

Document Document Document...

Anyway, Robert. The way things seem like they should be and the way things are, are most definitely two different things. Your arguement has some moral ground, but mine most definitely has legal ground. Yes, two wrongs don't make a right, but nothing is ever always or never.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

One alarm company I know of actually had a right of recision page on the front of their contracts. Bascially the customer signed it and sent it to the company within three days and the contract was cancelled. In about two weeks they got their money back. Of course this was also one of those companies who taught salesmen to rush customers and never give them a chance to read everything. This was also a company who got kicked out of Arizona for contracting without a license. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

In CT we included a right of rescission notice with every contract. It's a legal requirement but some outfits still didn't do it.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.