BRINKS HOME SECURITY MAY HAVE DIRECT TIES WITH MADOFF

I don't give them a paper manual - I have semi-customized PDF manuals, with an abbreviated cheatsheet that I created that I email to them. The cover page of the manual has my phone numbers, their account number, their name, date installed, our service number and their systems zone descriptions/numbers (which also tells them exactly what is in Zone #4).

I tell them to save it to their desktop.

I also hate CP01

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

I give them both print and digital manuals

CP01 is your friend, you just don't know it yet

Reply to
mleuck

clients hate it...every client I enabled it on asked for me to disable the countdown beeps...then WHY didn't anyone call me when my alarm went off yesterday (disarmed before transmit)...then choosing Cancel or Verify is a major decision they can't make either. Forget it, so far I'm not convinced it's worth it at all.

Hey...saw the "new" Brinks commercial last night...Broadway or whatever they're calling themselves now.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Was it "the next generation of Brinks Security"? I wonder how long they will be able to fall back on the Brinks name. They better hope it is a long time or otherwise they are just another new kid on the block.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

We have no choice in Texas, we have to use it

Reply to
mleuck

Has it made any real difference in the false alarm rate?

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

So much for that Texas independent spirit.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yeah, the one where she closes the door, bad guy kicks it in, alarm sounds, C/S calls all within 10 seconds. That one?

Reply to
alarman

Yeah...those sleezy TV commercials basically violates the intention of CP-01, but Brinks/Broadview/Whatever exist in their own little world where rules don't apply to them.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

RHC: Hey, the truth routinely gets stretched in pretty much all advertising; this one just strikes closer to home. Ethics always takes a back seat to profits !!

Wait until you guys see the Alarmforce ads (when this shit comes to your area). They make Brinks and ADT look like saints !!

Reply to
tourman

Record it and upload to YouTube. I can always use a good laugh.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

RHC: More like it will make you puke !!!

Reply to
tourman

Too early to tell, I imagine it can only help

Reply to
mleuck

I have been using cancel codes and dialer delays since it was first introduced. I always instructed customers that the system will not dial until a certain time has elapsed.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

What exactly would you have them do? It's a freaking TV commercial with limited available time. Should it be...

Girl on treadmill Bad guy breaks in through front door Entry tone sounds....30 seconds later an alarm

1 minute later they get a call

Yea that will sell a lot of systems

Reply to
mleuck

Exactly.

Reply to
alarman

I think in the ad it's more like 3 seconds.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

It's deliberate, misleading advertising. Try to explain it away as you may, the facts don't change.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Brinks should have let Billy Mays do their commercials...now it's too late. R.I.P. Billy :)

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Hogwash, the only reason everyone is down on these commercials is because they are from big bad Brinks. Anybody else doing the same type of advertising wouldn't have been commented on at all or be complimented on for the great production values.

The fact is they show the mechanics of an alarm and dispatch, it is neither sleezy or deceptive.

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.