Brinks BHS2000D Hack

It's really not that difficult. All you need is the Arrowhead PGM670 programmer, or any programmer that will change the values on the chip. The BHS2000D uses a

94C46, which is standard in the alarm industry.

Angry Man In Gauteng

Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum. Ademco, GE Security, DSC, Visonic, DIY Forum Technical Support => General Technical Questions => Topic started by: john rivers on November 24, 2004, 07:23:56 AM

Title: Brinks BHS-2000d hack Post by: john rivers on November 24, 2004, 07:23:56 AM Hi,

I have a Brinks BHS-2000d that came with the house I just bought. I want to change the alarm code from what the previous owners had. Can someone tell me the pin out for the terminal connection on this model (I could just trace the runs on the circuit board back to the processor but I was hoping someone could just tell me).

Is it a standard serial connection? If so what is the baud rate setting? How many characters does the password have, or if all the boards use the same password, what is it? Thanks in advance for your help.

Title: Re:Brinks BHS-2000d hack Post by: Security Monitor on November 24, 2004, 08:15:25 PM John, The Brink?s 1000 and 2000 series panels are not designed for programming except with a special programmer. Even if you manage to connect to the system (through the panel programming connection) you will need the panel code to access the information. Should you manage to enter the correct information and read the information in the fields, unless you know the corresponding numerical field and data sequence, it will just read a numeric value in each field. The Brink?s system also uses a layer programming, so each field will control many functions of the panel?s programming. Example, you enter field 100 (for discussion sake). You may know that a 3 in that field means it will send a message to a pager. So you enter a 3. What you don't know is that field also controls the sirens shut off that requires a 2. So to send a message to your pager and also keep the siren shut off timer in place you need to enter a 5 (3+2), but it also controls the panel's motion delay with a 4. So to have it call your pager, shut off the siren after 20 minutes and still permit you to have an entry delay on the motions, you need to enter a

9 (3+2+4). As you can tell, it requires knowing the numerical value for each function controlled by that field. Should you get hold of a technician programming guide, you will also notice some default values, like a 1 for that field. That means that 1 controls something they don't even want a tech to mess with so they don't say what it's for except that the value for what's programmed is increased by 1. Should you attempt to connect via the phone line, you will also need the downloaders code AND you will need to know the remote programming access field and numeric values to enable the panel to accept the changes. This isn't something they show on any sheets and isn't even known by their non tech center staff. The short of it is, it's not something you want to go playing around with. You could end up having the siren blaring for 1 hour every time you open a door, and sending a fire trouble each time you walk in front of the motion.

Title: Re:Brinks BHS-2000d hack Post by: dave on November 25, 2004, 06:26:09 AM for the amount of aggrivation you are intending to go through, why don't you just replace the panel before all of that....Brink's stuff is propriatary and made by Scantronic, and IMHO junk.

Title: Re:Brinks BHS-2000d hack Post by: john rivers on December 02, 2004, 02:49:25 PM Thanks for your advice guys, you talked me out of trying. The alarm works. It turns on the siren when the door is opened and the siren goes off when the alarm code is entered. I just was not comfortable using the previous owner's code so I wanted to change it. I guess I'll just live with their code.

Title: Re:Brinks BHS-2000d hack Post by: Apex on December 04, 2004, 04:18:09 PM If it's just the user code you wish to change, check your PM mailbox. :)

Title: Re:Brinks BHS-2000d hack Post by: dingussquatbird on June 07, 2005, 09:51:27 AM I recently bought a house that has a BHS-1000C already installed. The previous owner did not give me the code to unlock the panel... what are my options? How long is the numeric code that enables/disables the alarm, 3 digits, 4 digits... ? I talked to Brinks and the salesman that came out to the house said that the system would run unmonitored (which is my preference), but it had to be unlocked first. They are going to charge me to unlock the system plus make me sign up for 1 year of monitoring, at a cost of about $350. If anyone has any ideas on what I can do, please let me know.

Thanks!

Title: Re:Brinks BHS-2000d hack Post by: brade8 on June 07, 2005, 06:21:18 PM They gave you a bunch of bull crap. The panel will work just fine non monitored. Brinks is the only company or person that can unlock that panel cause they use there propriatary equipment. The salesmen didn't use the right lingo. All that would need to be done is to disable the phone option and change the code to whatever you wanted. If you know the code already then u shouldn't need them at all. I don't know there equipment since they are the only company that use it because they like to stick there customers with the idea they can never switch alarm companies without changing out there panel. Very bad way to do business. Theres no way you need to sign a contract for them to unlock it for you. Unlocking wouldn't help you anyways. This salesmen had one thing in mind. MONEY!!! He doesn't make any money unless you sign a contract so thats what he did. Made sure you signed some kinda contract so he would make money. You can buy a new panel for cheaper then that. It would be way better then there junk and you can do whatever you want with it. You can even get it monitored with any company you want. Just make sure you don't have wireless cause it probable won't work with any other system. If there is wireless on it then you would have to replace the wireless also which would easily cost more then 350. If I were you I would get rid of that brinks system. PS the user code is usually 4 digits or somtimes 6 on rare occations. Brad

Reply to
Anonymous
Loading thread data ...

BTW, it's a 93C46 chip. Care to share any more information?

Jim Rojas

An> It's really not that difficult. All you need is the Arrowhead PGM670

programmer, or any programmer that will change the values on the chip. The BHS2000D uses a 94C46, which is standard in the alarm industry.

rivers on November 24, 2004, 07:23:56 AM

change the alarm code from what the previous owners had. Can someone tell me the pin out for the terminal connection on this model (I could just trace the runs on the circuit board back to the processor but I was hoping someone could just tell me).

many characters does the password have, or if all the boards use the same password, what is it? Thanks in advance for your help.

except with a special programmer. Even if you manage to connect to the system (through the panel programming connection) you will need the panel code to access the information. Should you manage to enter the correct information and read the information in the fields, unless you know the corresponding numerical field and data sequence, it will just read a numeric value in each field. The Brink?s system also uses a layer programming, so each field will control many functions of the panel?s programming.

that field means it will send a message to a pager. So you enter a 3. What you don't know is that field also controls the sirens shut off that requires a 2. So to send a message to your pager and also keep the siren shut off timer in place you need to enter a 5 (3+2), but it also controls the panel's motion delay with a 4. So to have it call your pager, shut off the siren after 20 minutes and still permit you to have an entry delay on the motions, you need to enter a

9 (3+2+4). As you can tell, it requires knowing the numerical value for each function controlled by that field. Should you get hold of a technician programming guide, you will also notice some default values, like a 1 for that field. That means that 1 controls something they don't even want a tech to mess with so they don't say what it's for except that the value for what's programmed is increased by 1.

downloaders code AND you will need to know the remote programming access field and numeric values to enable the panel to accept the changes. This isn't something they show on any sheets and isn't even known by their non tech center staff.

You could end up having the siren blaring for 1 hour every time you open a door, and sending a fire trouble each time you walk in front of the motion.

just replace the panel before all of that....Brink's stuff is propriatary and made by Scantronic, and IMHO junk.

turns on the siren when the door is opened and the siren goes off when the alarm code is entered. I just was not comfortable using the previous owner's code so I wanted to change it. I guess I'll just live with their code.

previous owner did not give me the code to unlock the panel... what are my options? How long is the numeric code that enables/disables the alarm, 3 digits,

4 digits... ? I talked to Brinks and the salesman that came out to the house said that the system would run unmonitored (which is my preference), but it had to be unlocked first. They are going to charge me to unlock the system plus make me sign up for 1 year of monitoring, at a cost of about $350. If anyone has any ideas on what I can do, please let me know.

monitored. Brinks is the only company or person that can unlock that panel cause they use there propriatary equipment. The salesmen didn't use the right lingo. All that would need to be done is to disable the phone option and change the code to whatever you wanted. If you know the code already then u shouldn't need them at all. I don't know there equipment since they are the only company that use it because they like to stick there customers with the idea they can never switch alarm companies without changing out there panel. Very bad way to do business. Theres no way you need to sign a contract for them to unlock it for you. Unlocking wouldn't help you anyways. This salesmen had one thing in mind. MONEY!!! He doesn't make any money unless you sign a contract so thats what he did. Made sure you signed some kinda contract so he would make money. You can buy a new panel for cheaper then that. It would be way better then there junk and you can do whatever you want with it. You can even get it monitored with any company you want. Just make sure you don't have wireless cause it probable won't work with any other system. If there is wireless on it then you would have to replace the wireless also which would easily cost more then 350. If I were you I would get rid of that brinks system. PS the user code is usually 4 digits or somtimes 6 on rare occations.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

y'know, i have no bias one way or the other with brinks, but you guys sure seem to spend alot of time and energy trying to "hack" systems, or steal away their customers!! you think that maybe if you spent that time and energy trying to please your customers, they wouldn't run off and join brinks??? you guys seem alot more interested in them, than they are of you! i don't think brinks (as well as ADT and P1) would be as big as they are if they were not doing SOMETHING right!! right or wrong, they have a formula that works. yes, they have deep pockets, but how do you think they got those deep pockets?? it wasn't by bitching about the little guy!!!! wait, that's it.. you guys must have the "little guy" complex!!! make the customers happy, and maybe, just maybe you'll grow up to have pockets just as deep as the other companies.

Reply to
BDEBJ

I think Brinks is a good company that listens too much to their hired guns. An attorney is only interested in billable hours. They could care less on the final outcome.

Jim Rojas

BDEBJ wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

energy trying to "hack" systems, or steal away their customers!!

For an anonymous moron who has "no bias one way or the other" concerning Brinks, this guy sure gets defensive about Brinks.

In the 24 years I ran an alarm company none of my customers ever went over to Brinks. In the nine years I've operated an online business (some of that time running both businesses at once), I've sold alarms to numerous ex-Brinks customers who decided to DIY rather than ever deal with Brinks or a company like it again.

It's called advertising. Brinks and ADT both run effective (though grossly misleading) national television ad campaigns.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

1983 to 1999 is 24 years?

Here at least you're honest.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Will the Moose Z1100P not also program that chip??

Reply to
Seccon1

Yes it will. But Brinks would argue that they own the rights to the Z1100P programmer as well. It's their trade secret.

Jim Rojas

Secc> Will the Moose Z1100P not also program that chip??

Reply to
Jim Rojas

rammer, or any programmer that will change the values on the chip. The BHS2

000D uses a 94C46, which is standard in the alarm industry.

ic, DIY Forum

john rivers on November 24, 2004, 07:23:56 AM

to change the alarm code from what the previous owners had. Can someone tel l me the pin out for the terminal connection on this model (I could just tr ace the runs on the circuit board back to the processor but I was hoping so meone could just tell me).

How many characters does the password have, or if all the boards use the sa me password, what is it? Thanks in advance for your help.

r programming except with a special programmer. Even if you manage to conn ect to the system (through the panel programming connection) you will need the panel code to access the information. Should you manage to enter the c orrect information and read the information in the fields, unless you know the corresponding numerical field and data sequence, it will just read a nu meric value in each field. The Brink?s system also uses a layer pr ogramming, so each field will control many functions of the panel?s programming.

in that field means it will send a message to a pager. So you enter a 3. What you don't know is that field also controls the sirens shut off that r equires a 2. So to send a message to your pager and also keep the siren sh ut off timer in place you need to enter a 5 (3+2), but it also controls the panel's motion delay with a 4. So to have it call your pager, shut off th e siren after 20 minutes and still permit you to have an entry delay on the motions, you need to enter a 9 (3+2+4). As you can tell, it requires know ing the numerical value for each function controlled by that field. Should you get hold of a technician programming guide, you will also notice some default values, like a 1 for that field. That means that 1 controls someth ing they don't even want a tech to mess with so they don't say what it's fo r except that the value for what's programmed is increased by 1.

downloaders code AND you will need to know the remote programming access fi eld and numeric values to enable the panel to accept the changes. This isn 't something they show on any sheets and isn't even known by their non tech center staff.

. You could end up having the siren blaring for 1 hour every time you open a door, and sending a fire trouble each time you walk in front of the moti on.

you just replace the panel before all of that....Brink's stuff is propriata ry and made by Scantronic, and IMHO junk.

. It turns on the siren when the door is opened and the siren goes off when the alarm code is entered. I just was not comfortable using the previous o wner's code so I wanted to change it. I guess I'll just live with their cod e.

evious owner did not give me the code to unlock the panel... what are my op tions? How long is the numeric code that enables/disables the alarm, 3 digi ts, 4 digits... ? I talked to Brinks and the salesman that came out to the house said that the system would run unmonitored (which is my preference), but it had to be unlocked first. They are going to charge me to unlock th e system plus make me sign up for 1 year of monitoring, at a cost of about $350. If anyone has any ideas on what I can do, please let me know.

nitored. Brinks is the only company or person that can unlock that panel c ause they use there propriatary equipment. The salesmen didn't use the rig ht lingo. All that would need to be done is to disable the phone option an d change the code to whatever you wanted. If you know the code already the n u shouldn't need them at all. I don't know there equipment since they ar e the only company that use it because they like to stick there customers w ith the idea they can never switch alarm companies without changing out the re panel. Very bad way to do business. Theres no way you need to sign a c ontract for them to unlock it for you. Unlocking wouldn't help you anyways . This salesmen had one thing in mind. MONEY!!! He doesn't make any mone y unless you sign a contract so thats what he did. Made sure you signed so me kinda contract so he would make money. You can buy a new panel for chea per then that. It would be way better then there junk and you can do whate ver you want with it. You can even get it monitored with any company you w ant. Just make sure you don't have wireless cause it probable won't work w ith any other system. If there is wireless on it then you would have to re place the wireless also which would easily cost more then 350. If I were yo u I would get rid of that brinks system. PS the user code is usually 4 dig its or somtimes 6 on rare occations.

I'm really sure nobody will read this, but does anyone have any brinks syst ems or related programmers? I'm willing to pay if needed, so please contact me if you have one.

Reply to
jacobgrahn12

On Monday, January 2, 2017 at 9:13:05 PM UTC-5, Jacob Grahn wrote:

ogrammer, or any programmer that will change the values on the chip. The BH S2000D uses a 94C46, which is standard in the alarm industry.

onic, DIY Forum

y: john rivers on November 24, 2004, 07:23:56 AM

t to change the alarm code from what the previous owners had. Can someone t ell me the pin out for the terminal connection on this model (I could just trace the runs on the circuit board back to the processor but I was hoping someone could just tell me).

? How many characters does the password have, or if all the boards use the same password, what is it? Thanks in advance for your help.

for programming except with a special programmer. Even if you manage to co nnect to the system (through the panel programming connection) you will nee d the panel code to access the information. Should you manage to enter the correct information and read the information in the fields, unless you kno w the corresponding numerical field and data sequence, it will just read a numeric value in each field. The Brink?s system also uses a layer programming, so each field will control many functions of the panel? ?s programming.

3 in that field means it will send a message to a pager. So you enter a 3 . What you don't know is that field also controls the sirens shut off that requires a 2. So to send a message to your pager and also keep the siren shut off timer in place you need to enter a 5 (3+2), but it also controls t he panel's motion delay with a 4. So to have it call your pager, shut off the siren after 20 minutes and still permit you to have an entry delay on t he motions, you need to enter a 9 (3+2+4). As you can tell, it requires kn owing the numerical value for each function controlled by that field. Shou ld you get hold of a technician programming guide, you will also notice som e default values, like a 1 for that field. That means that 1 controls some thing they don't even want a tech to mess with so they don't say what it's for except that the value for what's programmed is increased by 1.

e downloaders code AND you will need to know the remote programming access field and numeric values to enable the panel to accept the changes. This i sn't something they show on any sheets and isn't even known by their non te ch center staff.

th. You could end up having the siren blaring for 1 hour every time you op en a door, and sending a fire trouble each time you walk in front of the mo tion.

t you just replace the panel before all of that....Brink's stuff is propria tary and made by Scantronic, and IMHO junk.

ks. It turns on the siren when the door is opened and the siren goes off wh en the alarm code is entered. I just was not comfortable using the previous owner's code so I wanted to change it. I guess I'll just live with their c ode.

previous owner did not give me the code to unlock the panel... what are my options? How long is the numeric code that enables/disables the alarm, 3 di gits, 4 digits... ? I talked to Brinks and the salesman that came out to t he house said that the system would run unmonitored (which is my preference ), but it had to be unlocked first. They are going to charge me to unlock the system plus make me sign up for 1 year of monitoring, at a cost of abou t $350. If anyone has any ideas on what I can do, please let me know.

monitored. Brinks is the only company or person that can unlock that panel cause they use there propriatary equipment. The salesmen didn't use the r ight lingo. All that would need to be done is to disable the phone option and change the code to whatever you wanted. If you know the code already t hen u shouldn't need them at all. I don't know there equipment since they are the only company that use it because they like to stick there customers with the idea they can never switch alarm companies without changing out t here panel. Very bad way to do business. Theres no way you need to sign a contract for them to unlock it for you. Unlocking wouldn't help you anywa ys. This salesmen had one thing in mind. MONEY!!! He doesn't make any mo ney unless you sign a contract so thats what he did. Made sure you signed some kinda contract so he would make money. You can buy a new panel for ch eaper then that. It would be way better then there junk and you can do wha tever you want with it. You can even get it monitored with any company you want. Just make sure you don't have wireless cause it probable won't work with any other system. If there is wireless on it then you would have to replace the wireless also which would easily cost more then 350. If I were you I would get rid of that brinks system. PS the user code is usually 4 d igits or somtimes 6 on rare occations.

stems or related programmers? I'm willing to pay if needed, so please conta ct me if you have one.

Are you still looking?

Reply to
omarromero73

On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 9:09:09 AM UTC-8, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wr ote:

programmer, or any programmer that will change the values on the chip. The BHS2000D uses a 94C46, which is standard in the alarm industry.

isonic, DIY Forum

by: john rivers on November 24, 2004, 07:23:56 AM

ant to change the alarm code from what the previous owners had. Can someone tell me the pin out for the terminal connection on this model (I could jus t trace the runs on the circuit board back to the processor but I was hopin g someone could just tell me).

ng? How many characters does the password have, or if all the boards use th e same password, what is it? Thanks in advance for your help.

d for programming except with a special programmer. Even if you manage to connect to the system (through the panel programming connection) you will n eed the panel code to access the information. Should you manage to enter t he correct information and read the information in the fields, unless you k now the corresponding numerical field and data sequence, it will just read a numeric value in each field. The Brink?s system also uses a laye r programming, so each field will control many functions of the panel? ?s programming.

a 3 in that field means it will send a message to a pager. So you enter a 3. What you don't know is that field also controls the sirens shut off th at requires a 2. So to send a message to your pager and also keep the sire n shut off timer in place you need to enter a 5 (3+2), but it also controls the panel's motion delay with a 4. So to have it call your pager, shut of f the siren after 20 minutes and still permit you to have an entry delay on the motions, you need to enter a 9 (3+2+4). As you can tell, it requires knowing the numerical value for each function controlled by that field. Sh ould you get hold of a technician programming guide, you will also notice s ome default values, like a 1 for that field. That means that 1 controls so mething they don't even want a tech to mess with so they don't say what it' s for except that the value for what's programmed is increased by 1.

the downloaders code AND you will need to know the remote programming acces s field and numeric values to enable the panel to accept the changes. This isn't something they show on any sheets and isn't even known by their non tech center staff.

with. You could end up having the siren blaring for 1 hour every time you open a door, and sending a fire trouble each time you walk in front of the motion.

n't you just replace the panel before all of that....Brink's stuff is propr iatary and made by Scantronic, and IMHO junk.

orks. It turns on the siren when the door is opened and the siren goes off when the alarm code is entered. I just was not comfortable using the previo us owner's code so I wanted to change it. I guess I'll just live with their code.

e previous owner did not give me the code to unlock the panel... what are m y options? How long is the numeric code that enables/disables the alarm, 3 digits, 4 digits... ? I talked to Brinks and the salesman that came out to the house said that the system would run unmonitored (which is my preferen ce), but it had to be unlocked first. They are going to charge me to unloc k the system plus make me sign up for 1 year of monitoring, at a cost of ab out $350. If anyone has any ideas on what I can do, please let me know.

n monitored. Brinks is the only company or person that can unlock that pan el cause they use there propriatary equipment. The salesmen didn't use the right lingo. All that would need to be done is to disable the phone optio n and change the code to whatever you wanted. If you know the code already then u shouldn't need them at all. I don't know there equipment since the y are the only company that use it because they like to stick there custome rs with the idea they can never switch alarm companies without changing out there panel. Very bad way to do business. Theres no way you need to sign a contract for them to unlock it for you. Unlocking wouldn't help you any ways. This salesmen had one thing in mind. MONEY!!! He doesn't make any money unless you sign a contract so thats what he did. Made sure you signe d some kinda contract so he would make money. You can buy a new panel for cheaper then that. It would be way better then there junk and you can do w hatever you want with it. You can even get it monitored with any company y ou want. Just make sure you don't have wireless cause it probable won't wo rk with any other system. If there is wireless on it then you would have t o replace the wireless also which would easily cost more then 350. If I wer e you I would get rid of that brinks system. PS the user code is usually 4 digits or somtimes 6 on rare occations.

systems or related programmers? I'm willing to pay if needed, so please con tact me if you have one.

Yes

Reply to
Jacob Grahn

I have a code blinking on my 2000c it flashes 03 then 08. Eventually the alarm goes off and I have to reset it. But it keeps going off. What is wrong?

Reply to
landshark6677

I know this is from 2007, now its 2020, I'm using a brinks 2000 system, when I stopped paying for monitoring I unplugged the phone cable so they co uld not send a disable signal. Everything works fine except once a day it beeps when it dials out. I figured out if I set off the alarm it will be set to beep a few minutes after that event. so i can set the time it beeps to when i want. searched and asking here because I found a programmer b ut don't know the settings. I just want to switch off the dial out or mayb e have it dial my cell. does anyone have an uploaded copy of the instructi ons and master key#s if any?

Reply to
erotmil

could not send a disable signal. Everything works fine except once a day it beeps when it dials out. I figured out if I set off the alarm it will b e set to beep a few minutes after that event. so i can set the time it bee ps to when i want. searched and asking here because I found a programmer but don't know the settings. I just want to switch off the dial out or ma ybe have it dial my cell. does anyone have an uploaded copy of the instruc tions and master key#s if any?

The system is ancient garbage that was obsolete when new, why bother?

Reply to
mleuck

:

y could not send a disable signal. Everything works fine except once a da y it beeps when it dials out. I figured out if I set off the alarm it will be set to beep a few minutes after that event. so i can set the time it b eeps to when i want. searched and asking here because I found a programm er but don't know the settings. I just want to switch off the dial out or maybe have it dial my cell. does anyone have an uploaded copy of the instr uctions and master key#s if any?

Like Mount Everest ----- Because it's there. (Said the climber just before he died from hypothermia and high altitude si ckness)

Reply to
Jim Davis

te:

hey could not send a disable signal. Everything works fine except once a day it beeps when it dials out. I figured out if I set off the alarm it wi ll be set to beep a few minutes after that event. so i can set the time it beeps to when i want. searched and asking here because I found a progra mmer but don't know the settings. I just want to switch off the dial out o r maybe have it dial my cell. does anyone have an uploaded copy of the ins tructions and master key#s if any?

I would agree if it were something like an old DSC, Napco, Caddx or C&K but that old Brinks system is utter garbage and not worth the parts, I replace d a ton of them

Reply to
mleuck

These resources might be good for your information, first off the PGM-670 programmers work fine with 2000 systems, as well so do the newer Brinks Programmers, so whichever you get should work. The other thing is you'll need the programming manual, which can be found here.

formatting link

Reply to
jacobg...

Why not get a better system instead? That one was obsolete garbage when it was new

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.