Brinks

Why Good Grief? Is that so bad?? The way I have Brinx set up now is that they call me FIRST. If they can't get me, then they send the Swat team. LOL. It has saved me from a false-alarm charge from the local PD on one occasion. Brinx called and said there was an alarm. They said it was door #2. That's the one leading into the garage. I knew that the outer garage door was closed, so I thought it had just blown open. I told them I would check it. Arrived home a few min. later and it turned out I was right.

Here where I live, you have to pay 50 bucks a year for a permit from the local PD. No permit, no response from them. More than 3 false alarms, they start hitting you with another 50 bucks per alarm.

I look at it this way. If I had my own system and monitored it myself, I could call the PD and tell them, hey, I just got a call from my neighbor, etc. Or I could call the neighbor myself and say, hey, look out the window and see if there's any strange vehicle at my house. If there is, buzz the fuzz.

Reply to
Injun Ear
Loading thread data ...

Here's one for 27.99 + ship Any good?

formatting link
alarman wrote:

Reply to
Injun Ear

Yeah.

. You're on your own if that's what you're gonna do.

Why don't you follow Jim's suggestion and just get a new KP and panel and let an independent company monitor it?

There are also companies like this all over (I don't know anything about these guys):

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan

LOL! Hey, I'm just thinking out loud here. I might go with a lower cost monitoring service. $8.95 looks a LOT better than $30.24/mo PLUS the $50/year I pay for the permit from the friendly local PD. (Don't forget... I'm 68.... Fixed income and all... Economy... Etc.)

I'm fixing to call Brinks in a few min and see what they say about pulling the plug. If they say OK, then I'm off to Ebay to get my OWN system. You guys have been a big help.

G. Morgan wrote:

Reply to
Injun Ear

Good luck with dealing with Brinks. With their attrition rate being as high as it is now, don't be surprised if all of the sudden you mysteriously qualify for a monitoring discount...but only if you sign up for another 3 years... ;)

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Your right about most of us being guys.

But ....We're not too sure about Frank ........... though.

He does a lot a business but it's rumored that he works behind a counter and wears a tube top, mini skirt and high leather spike heel boots with mesh stockings.

OH GAWD! ............. MY EYES >>>> MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Jim

You got that right. I talked to them this morning and they said I was on a year-to-year contract. It expires on July 7th. I told them I wanted to let it expire. They tried what you said. Offered me 15 dollars a month if I signed up. I told them no, they asked why, I said money, the economy, etc. They finally agreed to cancel on July 7 and to give me a 10 dollar/mo. discount til then. Meanwhile, back in the jungle, I'm scouting Ebay.

Is the 6150 keypad OK or do I need the 6160?

I'm about to jump > Good luck with dealing with Brinks. With their attrition rate being as

Reply to
Injun Ear

Get at least 1 6160 keypad, the rest can be 6150 if you like.

Don't be fooled by what they tell you on the phone my friend. You need to cancel in writing, and send it certified mail. Or else they will lock you in for another year.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Certified ............ Return receipt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just sending a Certified letter in no way proves that they received the letter ..... just that you mailed it.

Reply to
Jim

My bad... :)

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Well, they said they were gonna send me a form to sign. I can return that via certified, return-receipt mail. Or I can just write them a strongly-worded letter and send that certified, return-receipt.

I only use 1 keypad. The house is 1800 sq. ft. I'm looking at a Vista 20P panel and 6160 keypad on Ebay. Seems like that's all I need. From what you guys are saying on here, I can use the existing switches, motion detectors, fire and smoke detectors. I'll save the Brinx panel and keypad for when I move or when they come looking for their stuff.

Jim Rojas wrote:

Reply to
Injun Ear

You forgot to mention the bustier and the long feather earrings.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Actually I didn't want to bring out your poor taste.

I didn't think the bustier went well with the tube top.

And the feather earrings clashed with the pink jeweled horn rimmed glasses.

I prefer Spandex and black leather.

Reply to
Jim

Well... you had the poor taste to mention that I wore tube tops. That's an outright lie. I prefer the bustier. I really like my new one. It's got gold toned steel caps and big rings I can hang my collection of panel keys from. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

I have this scary image of you going to a service call in the midst of winter. You might think about using some vasoline to keep the steel caps and rings from sticking to your skin in the sub zero temps. With the addition of the keys, should we call you Jingles? ;o]

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Where it gets as cold as it gets where Frank is ........I'm picturing the scene from a Chrismas Story where the kid sticks his tongue to the flag pole. eeeewuuuu ..... little red key impressions ...... alllllllll over his body ..............

Reply to
Jim

Where it gets as cold as it gets where Frank is ........I'm picturing the scene from a Chrismas Story where the kid sticks his tongue to the flag pole. eeeewuuuu ..... little red key impressions ...... alllllllll over his body ..............

Oh yeah! That is the one where they said, "I double dog dare ya!" or it might have even been " I triple dog dare ya". Only to be back when things were so innocent. Now they are double dog dared to hold up convienence stores.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Never had that problem. The bra keeps the metal from contacting my skin.

Yeah... "Bo Jingles".

Reply to
Frank Olson

Ordered my Visa 20P and 6150 Keypad today. $139 w/free shipping. Wish me luck!

Jim Rojas wrote:

Reply to
Injun Ear

6150 Keypad? You need a 6160 to program.
Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.