Bosch Solution Alarm Help

I have a Bosch Solution alarm "Ultima 880" Australia To go into my daughters house.

From what I have read, to get 8 sectors out of it, you need to use "Split EOL resistors" 3k3 & 6k8 1%

Am I correct?

Any hints for install?

Thanks ....Ian

Reply to
Ian
Loading thread data ...

Do you have the manual??

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yes have manual, it does need split eol resistors for the 8 sectors

Thanks Ian

Reply to
Ian

I wouldn't even attempt an installation without the manual. It gives you minimum wiring requirements, connection and programming instructions. For anything involving fire detection, it also gives you the list of compatible detectors. If you're having problems interpreting sections of the programming instructions (because you're unfamiliar with the protocols or terminology), feel free to ask for help. I think you'll find most of your answers in the manual, though. It may take you a couple of "reads" to get it all. One more thing: Most manufacturers provide manual addendums (in the form of single or multiple page sheets packed with the panel/manual). Don't throw them away! :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Thanks for the reply Frank. I installed a similar alarm years back in my own house. Could have gone a bit foggy since then You are correct about a few "reads" being needed. The programing should be ok, a lot of it being left at its default values. Will document what is changed. Thankfully there is a lot of documentation about the panel. Will leave it to someone younger to be crawling through the roof cavity.

Thank you for your kind offer of help.

Regards ..Ian

Reply to
Ian

Have another question re 880 It supposedly has 4x burglary zones (1-4) 3k3 on delay and 4x 24 hour zones (5-8) 6k8 on Instant(tamper)

Have 6 x PIR's for in house Can I make those 24 hour zones be on delay or do i double up PIR's on the 4 burg zones.

I did try to convince my daughter to get it installed professionally.

Any help appreciated ...Ian

Reply to
Ian

=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD and

Ian, I'm not familiar with the panel that you're working with but by virtue of your questions, I do think that you may have taken on something that may cause you to do a not so good job. You're asking questions that are at the very basics of alarm installation. It's good that you're asking questions but the concern is that the questions that you're not going to know that you should be asking. I'm going to try to give you an example of what a can of worms your question opens so that perhaps you'll consider either reading more about the application of alarm equipment or get a professional in to do it.

Here's just a portion of what a part of your question leads to. First of all, you should never put more than one motion detector on a zone. How would you ever know which one was being tripped should you have false alarms? Secondly, it doesn't seem likely that it's going to be a good idea to have so many motion detectors in a residence. Which raises the question are you only trying to protect the house when no one is home? And if so, why? If you're going to have a security system shouldn't you be protecting it when the most valuable things are in it ..... like, when it's occupied, at night, or when your daughter is home alone? Actually, the only real value of an alarm system when you're not at home is that it will (hopefully) cause an intruder to leave quicker and (hopefully) cause them to not be there when your daughter gets home. Fourth, Motion detctors are the major source of false alarms, why would you not want to install more stable protection such as door and window contacts which would give you an alert as someone is trying to get in, rather than waiting for them to be inside before they are detected? The earlier the detection the more likely a deterrent. And with perimiter detection, it's much easier, convenient and more conducive for your daughter to arm the system when she's at home.

In my opinion, your questions indicate that you would do yourself a great favor if you did a lot more research by reading, or called in a professional. I don't think you're going to get all the facts by just asking questions here. We'll answer specific questions, but to take the time ( as I did ..... a little bit above) to make sure you understand the basics, each time you ask a question, is not going to happen. As no one is going to take the time to give you an education in the basics of alarms installation each time your question indicates that you don't have enough information to begin with. If it's truly important to try to protect your family, I'd suggest you do it right.

Just my opinion.

Reply to
Jim

You might try reading a bit more here:

formatting link
Also:

formatting link
Good luck!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

At no stage did I say I was going to install an alarm at my daughters house. Her brother in law is a licenced installer. The question were for my own benifit.

the only alarm I have installed is my own nearly 10 yrs ago, and I intend to keep it that way.

...Ian

Reply to
Ian

The following quote from your post was an indicator to me that you were doing this yourself.

If you were having it installed professionally, I didn't think these would be questions that you would need to know the answers to. If the installer is experienced in the full time business of installing alarm systems, then he will know what a 24 hour zone is and adjust the programing accordingly. By the way, this was another part (among others) of your questions that needed explaining that I didn't get into. A 24 hour zone is just that. A zone that will go into an alarm condition, 24 hours a day, regardless if the system is armed or not. Obviously, you don't want that kind of zone definition for anything like a motion detector.

I'd truly suggest that you do some more reading and try asking your installer some of these questions. Certainly, it's good that you're trying to gain some knowledge about the subject, but as you can see, it requires a little bit more background knowledge than you at first might expect. Again, we can answer specific questions, but it gets rather laborious trying to type out detailed background information prior to answering your questions.

Reply to
Jim

Must admit should have used "he"

and was successful

Was more interested in its programming, not laying cables. Like to know whats going on, what questions to ask.

Thank you ..Ian

Reply to
Ian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.