Bosch: monitoring panel D7412GV2 using DX4020 and D6600

Good Day

I have the panel D7412GV2 (Bosch), I need to monitor my panels using DX4020 D7412GV2 and D6600; I am doing the configuration as shown in the "guide of D7412GV2 trouble" but I can not monitor the alarm panel, please Show me what parameters set in D7412GV2, DX4020 and D6600 panels in order to monitor the network.

thank

-------------------------------------

Reply to
walterc18
Loading thread data ...

It sounds as if you want to monitor the output of your alarm panel yourself.

You can't do that. You need specialized equipment that central stations use to monitor thousands of alarms.

Reply to
Jim

How did you end up with all that gear and no technical support? Do you have the D6200 Programmer software? I assume you have all of the proper licensing for the IP portion of the D6600 receiver? At its core a D6600 is meant for monitoring alarms via the regular dial up telephone network. The IP part is more or less an afterthought to the D6600, as it is with may other brands of receivers. There is a lot of stuff you have to do to get it to work right. Since I don't commission a D6600 everyday, it would be best to get some support from those that do. In fact I have only commissioned D6100 units, not D6600 units. Here it is step wise.

1 ? Bosch Control Panels 2 ? Connection ? Control panel serial device interface (SDI) bus to D9133TTL-E or DX4020 SDI Terminals 3 ? D9133TTL-E or DX4020 Network Interface Module 4 ? Connection ? D9133TTL-E or DX4020 Ethernet port to Ethernet hub 5 ? Host PC running D6200 Programming Administrative Software 6 ? Connection ? Ethernet hub to Host PC NIC 7 ? Ethernet hub 8 - Connection ? Ethernet hub to D6100i 9 - D6100i 10 ? Connection ? Ethernet hub to D6680/ D6682 11 ? D6680 12 ? Connection ? D6680/D6682 to D6600 COM4 port 13 ? D6600 14 ? Connection ? Second D6680/D6682 to D6600 COM1 port (optional) 15 ? Connection ? Ethernet hub to second D6680/D6682

D6200 Network Connection Connect the D6200 software to the network through the D6600 COM4 or COM1 port or the D6100i Ethernet port. One receiver can communicate with three different PCs running the D6200 Programmer Software.

6.4.1 IP Address 1 Selections: (xxx).(xxx).(xxx).(xxx) This entry is the first IP Address of the computer running the D6200 software. Set the IP Address to a unique value to distinguish it from other stations in the network. This value must match the D6200 software network settings. Use an alphabetic key (A to F) to add a decimal point (.) when programming IP addresses from the keypad. 6.4.2 IP Address 2 Selections: (xxx).(xxx).(xxx).(xxx) This entry is the second IP Address of the computer running the D6200 software. Set the IP Address to a unique value to distinguish it from other stations in the network. This value must match the D6200 software network settings. Use an alphabetic key (A to F) to add a decimal point (.) when programming IP addresses from the keypad. 6.4.3 IP Address 3 Selections: (xxx).(xxx).(xxx).(xxx) This entry is the third IP Address of the computer running the D6200 software. Set the IP Address to a unique value to distinguish it from other stations in the network. This value must match the D6200 software network settings. Use an alphabetic key (A to F) to add a decimal point (.) when programming IP addresses from the keypad. 6.4.4 Reserved Section 6.4.4 is reserved in Firmware version 1.32 and later. Typically, the port numbers 0 to 1023 are reserved in UNIX systems for specific applications. Use numbers ranging from 2000 to 30000 to avoid conflicts. 6.4.5 Network Programming Enable Default: 0 Selections: 0 or 1 0 Disable network programming. 1 Enable network programming. Use the D6200 to program the D6600/D6100i CPU, line card and other network communication parameters through the network connection. 6.4.6 Network Report Enable (Reserved Feature) 6.5 Network Printer (Reserved) Section 6.5 is reserved.

Good Day

I have the panel D7412GV2 (Bosch), I need to monitor my panels using DX4020 D7412GV2 and D6600; I am doing the configuration as shown in the "guide of D7412GV2 trouble" but I can not monitor the alarm panel, please Show me what parameters set in D7412GV2, DX4020 and D6600 panels in order to monitor the network.

thank

-------------------------------------

Reply to
Just Looking

What was the middle part again???

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Could you please be a little more concise. You leave us with a thousand questions.

First: How does a telephone net ... work? Two: What's an IP part? Do I need to buy one? Three: What is a receiver? Do you mean like on a telephone?

More to follow............

Reply to
Jim

Could you please be a little more concise. You leave us with a thousand questions.

First: How does a telephone net ... work? Two: What's an IP part? Do I need to buy one? Three: What is a receiver? Do you mean like on a telephone?

More to follow............

First: Are you pulling my leg here? You're asking just how does a telephone network operate? I don't think installing a D6600 receiver requires a telephone engineer's knowledge of all of the functional aspects of how a switched telephone network operates. It merely requires that you connect the receiver to a dedicated telephone line. Two: Yes, there are more parts than you actually listed that are necessary to get a D6600 to receive signals via an IP network. I listed those part numbers in the instructions I copied from the Bosch website and pasted in the response I posted here. Three: A receiver is a common name for an alarm central station alarm monitoring receiver. The D6600 is actually called a receiver using that nomenclature.

Installation of a Bosch D6600 receiver is not something that most folks posting here, including me, do often enough to be able to walk you through stepwise. The questions you're asking generally require assistance from someone very familiar with this procedure or someone with technical support at the actual manufacturers level. My suggestion is that you find someone like that locally where you are or find a way to get support directly from Bosch.

Reply to
Just Looking

Actually, I was kidding but actually I guess you could call it being ..... ummm .... snide?

I'm thinking that it was pretty obvious that the person who asked the original questions didn't have a clue about what he was doing ....... well ..... because if he did, .... he wouldn't have had to ask them.

Secondly, I'm thinking that your reply has completely snowed him and he will not be asking any more questions, but if he does, it will be questions such as the ones I asked.

In other words the fact that you replied indicated that you're actually willing to help him, step by step, to do what he wants' to do, in spite of the fact that he likely knows nothing about anything. And boy ..... are YOU gonna be sorry. :-)

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.