Bone Pile

I pulled some old programmers out of a pile before they went to the dumpster.

1) Radionics 5000

2) DTI Programmer

3) Scantronics 4000

4) Stellar Fence Programmer

Is anyone feeling nostalgic?

Reply to
Just Looking
Loading thread data ...

I'll take it all. Let me know what you want for it.

Jim Rojas

Just Look> I pulled some old programmers out of a pile before they went to the > dumpster.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Rojas will take the DTI/Brinks programmer...

heh

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I knew that one was coming.......... ha ha ha

Reply to
Russell Brill

The DTI programmer is useless to Brinks, or to anyone else for that matter. CP-01 prevents the use of those old systems anyway.

This is something Brinks avoided during the mocked up hearing. Their lawyer also said that Brinks abandoned equipment is real estate law...the judge squinted a few times like I knew she would. It went right over her head. I knew anything I said would be objected, and the judge always agreed to the objections and told me to move on...what a joke our legal system has become.

Jim Rojas

Russell Brill wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

No offense but you came totally unprepared while they came totally prepared. You chose to represent yourself whhile they came with lawyers, you didn't understand the system and they did.

If you want to call that a joke I guess you can

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I did not choose to represent myself. Simple economics dictated that. A

25K+ retainer would be out of reach for most of us. Civil law is nothing like criminal law. If it were, I would have been appointed equal representation under the law. Since civil law is all about who has the most money, clearly no defense even with paid council, would have mattered.

Jim Rojas

Mark Leuck wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Jim. You lost focus right from the beginning. They tried to flood you with paper to demonstrate how you "violated" their IP. You chose to respond by saying that the equipment was "abandoned", and told them to "suck eggs". You could have responded to each one of their points by simply requesting they provide proof. Everything they said in their preliminary letters amounted to baseless accusations that you could very easily have knocked down. Monster Cable recently tried the same thing with a small outfit called Blue Jeans Cable. Here's the link:

formatting link
When the Statement of Claim was issued, you chose not to respond to it. They obtained a default judgment, which they never would have had you followed the proper steps. You didn't need a lawyer to do this, but you did need to answer every one of their points directly and provide proof. Their case was (and still is) incredibly weak. They won "by default" which (in my view) didn't get them what they wanted anyway (a clear and concise ruling establishing their IP that they could use to hammer others with). It also didn't help your case at all that you did the equivalent of "flipping the bird" to the Judge. At least you're entitled to representation when your criminal contempt trial begins. I wish you all the best with that.

Reply to
Frank Olson

It happens everyday. Poor man with a lousy court appointed lawyer gets

25 years to life...20 years later they find evidence that clears the poor guy.

Rich guy pays a high priced attorney, even though he is guilty as hell, gets off with a suspended sentence or community service hours.

It's all about the Benjamin's...

Jim Rojas

Mark Leuck wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I sent an email about this to your hotmail account.

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.