Bob L

Results for first week in the Amazon:

4 Anglers, one of whom had no experience fishing for Peacock Bass and no experience with bait casters or spinning gear. A total of 207 Peacock Bass were boated.

(136) under 10 # (9) 10#; (2) 11#; (6) 12#; (10) 13#; (2) 14#; (7) 15#; (4) 16#; (7) 17#; (10) 18#; (9) 19#; (2) 20#; (1) 21#; (2) 22#.

All fish weighing between rounded numbers were rounded down to the closest whole number (i.e. a fish weighing 14.5# was counted as 14#).

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

Bite me. LOL. Just too darn much work to do here. Wish I could have slipped away. Got 2 big (for me) jobs going right now and one that will make both of them combined look tiny coming up.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Something you should have sent Bob in an email. You schmuck.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Are these bass as good to eat as regular Florida Bass? Sometimes some large wild caught fish aren't as good to eat as the smaller ones. At 22 lbs. are those good to eat also?

Reply to
Just Looking

LOL. I have not heard of anybody (modern anglers) eating peacock bass, but I suppose they would be fine. People have lived in the south american rain forest and river drainages for thousands of year after all. Mostly these are caught by vacation anglers for the experience of landing loads of good fun fish. As to relating to largemouth... Neither are actually in the bass family. Largemouth, smallmouth and spotted bass are more closely related to sunfish as they are in the perch family. Peacock bass are more closely related to oscars and tilapia as they are cichlids. Its just an example of parrallel evolution where two different species evolved to fill the same or similar niches.

P.S. Yes, in many species smaller fish have better flavor than larger fish. Channel catfish and largemouth bass come to mind. I mostly C&R these days so for me its more about the thrill of the catch than anything else.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Back in my college days I studied some aspects aquatic biology, since the University itself was world famous for that offering. However salamanders, amphipods, copepods, ferry shrimp, water molds, wild rice and such represented the majority of targets. The wonderful game fish portion of osteichthyes escaped my study. I never suspected peacock bass were cichlids.

evolved to fill the same or similar >niches.

I never put much stock in the concept of a species or sexual selection's role in evolution, especially after I took a grad course on the subject. Unless you're a museum curator trying to parse out a collection based on the archetype, holotype, or syntype you're holding, that notion of nature can be misleading in the extreme, in my opinion. The concept of a species is an artificial construct, it has no real existence on its own. It merely is a term used to describe a genotype and phenotype that remains more or less constant over a typical human lifespan. Life forms are in fact far more complicated. The number of organisms making a living on and inside a body, human or animal, may easily exceed the number of cells of the unwilling host, yet in all boils down to a single species and single genome based on some "scientific" description? What about these other organisms and their influence on the epigenome? I'll be glad when a more mature perspective about all this is finally the consensus, although that won't be in my lifetime I'm sure; since evolutionist have hunkered down in a defensive posture against creationists. Creationism typically involves the supernatural, a topic one is simply unable to study scientifically. Unfortunately all this has left each side with an abundance of specious arguments and far too many Kool-Aid drinkers. Each side now seems to have its own orthodoxy and resists any attempt at gaining more understanding..

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message news:471e1262$0$820$ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com...

Reply to
Roland Moore

Oh, well. At least you're making money. I'll be organizing a group early next year before the water level starts to rise. Maybe you can get away then.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

These trips are strictly catch and release, too. It's all about the sport -- not killing fish. That's also part of the requirements of the Brazilian federal government and the Amazonas state regulations. The fish are caught, weighed, photographed and released.

Bob is entirely correct about the species. He's also a much more experienced fisherman than I am. I enjoy the sport and I've wanted to see the Amazon jungle ever since I was a teenager. Last year when I got sick I promised myself that if I survived I was going to do all the things I've always meant to do "some day in the future." This is one of them. The M109R in the garage is another. There are trips to Italy, Israel, Ireland and (maybe) a safari in the planning stages as well.

So, while Olson, Jiminex and a few other morons spend their free time posting trash, I'm spending mine traveling to places they'll never see and doing things none of them will ever have the courage to do. I invited Bob L along because he seems a decent sort and I know he's an ardent fisherman. Jiminex is too scared to show his face and Olson would just be thrown overboard by the guides, causing the government to charge them with pollution, so there's no point asking them.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You have a point. I'm not interested in fishing the Amazon. Climbing Mt. Fuji. Swimming with dolphins. Driving a motorcycle. You know absolutely nothing about me (other than what you've "decided" is the "truth" - and we all know how you stretch even that). Frankly, I'd prefer to keep it that way. Your stories have always been far more entertaining. So... You can feel free to spell "aileron" the way you want, or tell us more of your installation "exploits", and that you ran a "modestly successful central station alarm company" for 35 years (or however long it is today). You can also regale us with stories about your cousins children and how they were kidnapped, and how wonderful your wife is, and how close you came to actually meeting that character whose visage grins at us from

formatting link
Fill your boots, Bobby!

:-)

Which is well and good. I guess your email doesn't "send" either since you have to exchange personal messages in the Newsgroup now too.

not be interested

I wouldn't spend time with you even if you decided to pay me double our hourly service rate. I don't like liars, ex cons, or wannabee installers that "pretend" to "know it all". Too bad you're not a lawyer, too. Brinks could really use the help.

Reply to
Frank Olson

As usual, you're wrong. I know (and so do you) that you're a pathological liar. I know that you are so devoid of friends that you hang out in this cesspool, pretending to care about crap that means nothing to you in the desperate hope of finding some semblance of congeniality among scum like Jiminex. I know that you've never been a professional installer and that you've never held a pilot's license (despite your repeated claims to the contrary). I know that you're a spineless, backstabbing slob who'd turn on your own mother if you thought it would gain you popularity.

That's understandable. The more anyone learns about you the worse you appear.

It's kind of sad that Sabodish (who posted the site) was never able to get past his sick, hateful hangups long enopugh to make amends with any of the people he tried to hurt (mostly without success) for so many years before he died. In his case he had the excuse that he was mentally disturbed, making it easier to forgive him. You're not sick -- justa miserable, vicious toad willing to try (also without success) to hurt anyone you can in the desperate hope of gaining a friend by making a common enemy. That's pretty pathetic, Olson. It's also bang on and we both know it.

No need to worry, Olson. You're not on anyone's guest list.

They seem to be winning without any help. I notice that despite your pretenses here you took down Jim's material. That's one of the differences between you and Rojas. He may be wrong in his approach and it will likely him but at least he has the courage to stand up to them. You're not just a lowlife, lying fraud. You're also a coward.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I find it interesting how he knows where I've been and what I've done, simply based on the fact that I don't believe it's necessary to boast about my personal life, in this forum. I find it amusing that he finds his little trip to the same country once or twice a year, something to boast about. He seems not to notice that I don't post here sometimes for a week or two or three .... multiple times during the year. Guess he sees that as just one of those times when I go on one of my drunken, child beating sprees.

I'll bet that all the ophthalmologists in his area love him. What with all the people he meets, straining their eyes by rolling them behind his back.

He's acutally incapable of conceiving the fact that people find him so repulsive. Which, that alone gives you a clue to what kind of person he is. A braggadocios bore. A pitiful, fat, gloating little man, all puffed up in his mind and in short order ...... just headed for the grave.

Reply to
Jim

Prove it. Prove one thing I've ever written in this Forum is a lie.

And this just proves what I've been saying all along. You *DON'T* really know me.

Prove it.

Prove it.

I wouldn't have thought it possible, but you've just put your name to the "Whore-a-mona" post. You're despicable, Bass. I figure the cancer in your lung ate your soul before the doctors removed it and saved your miserable carcass. God forgive you because I certainly never will.

You keep "banging" that same tune, Bass. Prove it.

I'm glad to hear I'm not on yours.

Pardon me? What "material" are you talking about?

formatting link
Read it again. I doubt we'll see your apology.

And you are a *BLIND*, lowlife, lying fraud, Bass. You're also a miserable scum sucking swine. I doubt you'll have the guts to apologize.

Reply to
Frank Olson

He can't possible conceive existence beyond his own mean, miserable life so he has to "invent" ways to bolster his ego. He has 190,000 items in his online store. Like the guy that goes out and buys the "extra large" Trojans, the "big" Bergman, the "hot" Brazileria.

Heh... Jim... When I first ventured into this Group, you took the time to try and educate me about the "dynamics" involved. I thank you for that and I'll never forget it. Everything you wrote to me has been confirmed several times over.

Some may even decide a sharp stick in the eye would be less painful. :-)

He doesn't have the courage to ask for forgiveness (and if he did, his ego would prevent it).

Reply to
Frank Olson

Forgiveness......Hell, he doesn't deserve it. If BAss asked for forgiveness... he'd be lieing again.

He's a liar and a felon and a murderer, we all know that.

Hey, let's celebrate the passing of Mr. BAss, and start a "Stick it to Brinks" fund to help Jim Rojas and his fight.

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

The first would be termed "premature", and I think Jim should put up a link for the next step in his fight with Brinks (that's the appeal) which I would be only to happy to host as well. I'm not sure if he's entitled to counterclaim at this time under the Rules of Procedure. I think he may have already missed the boat on that one.

Reply to
Frank Olson

What ever dynamics are >

Reply to
Roland Moore

Excellent post, Bob. I do have to disagree on your last point. The "other tales" told here are painful, but you can't equate them (or even compare them) to a personal attack which involves a close family member. Bass is the kind of scum that deserves the disrespect he's been shown here for just that alone. When you add the fact that he takes his crap real life (as he did with Graham) and remains totally unapologetic for it, I don't think he deserves anything less than our total and complete "animus". I would imagine your own feelings would change somewhat if he started treating you the way he does others.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Bass can certainly get a rise out of those who let him. As a practical matter, I don't think I am important enough to even figure on his radar one way or another. Bass has managed to find something in this industry that gives him a measure of success he seems happy with, and the vicissitudes of life seem to have turned in his favor. I say good for him, and I wish him more of the same good fortune. However, his rabid yellow dog Democrat rants get tiresome to be sure, and if Hillary is elected, his gloating could become unbearable. If, on the other hand, his horse breaks a leg and a Republican wins, his howls of protests would prove most entertaining. Eight years of Bush seem to have pushed him to his limit. Think of what another eight years of someone like, say Giuliani could do?

Reply to
Just Looking

Asked and answered numerous times before.

I studied people like you in Psych 201.

Touched a nerve, eh? Truth has a way of doing that.

Always happy to oblige.

You put that back up fast. Brinks' lawyers peruse this newsgroup looking for evidence to hurt Jim Rojas. I'm sure you'll be hearing from them if you keep it there. Much as I hate seeing what they're doing to Jim, it will be a pleasure reading your financial obituary.

For noting that you had earlier taken the page down? Right, sure.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I noticed on your website that you wrote, "I have accorded special recognition to the following companies, organizations, and professional associations for their contributions to our industry and to this website." Below that misleading statement you list the names of several industry giants plus UL, et al. What a crock! None of those companies "contributed" to your website. You copied their information. Pathetic.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.