Blackberry Storm sync w/Outlook calendar

Anyone have personal experience? Will the new Blackberry sync the calendar with plain old Outlook 2007, without MS Exchange server? I'd like to get one, but if the calendar sync is a pain, then I probably won't. Can't seem to find simple how-to instructions anywhere.

Reply to
alarman
Loading thread data ...

Yes, it will. And without MS Exchange server. You have to set up your email and it'll sync with your Outlook 2003 (or better) contacts list. Personally, I much prefer the iPhone over the Blackberry. It's got a much nicer screen and some well though-out features (user interfaces). Beats having to put on my reading glasses to see what I'm typing. In my book, it's got the Blackberry beat hands down.

Reply to
Frank Olson

There is a decent cellular newsgroup. Or maybe it's a Verizon group. Been a few months since I read it. Well since I learned to hack the Motorola K1M anyway. Lots of good stuff on that group.

Dang, just checked. There's lots of cellular groups. The Verizon one is the one I used to read.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Thanks, I'll check there. I know the BB will sync contacts, it's the calendar that I really need. I like the I-Phone too, but I'd have to switch to AT&T service, and they do not have the cell coverage that Verizon has.

Reply to
alarman

Ain't that the truth. Had a guy who sells for AT&T coming out to fish a draw team tournament with us a while back. He got lost, and wound up going north instead of south, didn't have cell coverage and we couldn't reach him to figure out what was going on. I told him he needed to get a Verizon phone for when he travels. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

It'll sync your calendar as well. You can even set up a protected sub folder I believe and transfer the numbers in your little black book to it. ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.