Best Infrared Security Camera?

What is the best affordable infrared camera? I have a $350 Color Infrared with 66 LEDs and it doesn't do that well at night. I figure that cost isn't always an indicator.

Thanks,

Patrick

Reply to
phurley
Loading thread data ...

NSA PSYCHOPATHIC PUSSY,

Come SUCK MY DICK, I will tell you what is the best infrared camera.

But you are a FUCKING TYPICAL AMERICAN PSYCHOPATHIC PUSSY that RUNS like hell CRYING MOMMY, MOMMY, MOMMY when you have to face an opponent with EXACTLY the SAME POWER.

MYTH: America is a LAND of the FREE and HOME of the BRAVE

FACT: America is a LAND of the SLAVES and HOME of the PUSSIES

Reply to
McGin

So you think he made a poor choice of cameras?

Doug

Reply to
Doug L

What sort of range are you looking for?

Doug

Reply to
Doug L

NSA PSYCHOPATHIC PUSSY partick hurley,

How many CHILDREN did you RAPE in Washington DC mansions ?

formatting link

Reply to
McGin

PUSSY Doug,

Why dont you and other SLAVES here stay OUT of this THREAD and let me and this CHILD RAPING JOURNALIST MURDERING NSA PSYCHOPATH duke it out.

Reply to
McGin

PUSSY Doug,

This NSA PSYCHOPATH is NOT looking for any infrared camera.

He started this thread to MENTALLY TORTURE me indirectly telling me that they READ my PRIVATE THOUGHTS that occured half an hour ago.

Last two days these NSA PSYCHOPATHS couldnt get inside my home in the night because I activated my alarm system and also PUT lot of HEAVY STUFF against the entrance door apart from the hotel lock and that is DRIVING these NSA PSYCHOPATHS CRAZY.

Reply to
McGin

What are your actual viewing conditions? Maybe you'd be better off with an ultra-low-lux camera. You could also consider a secondary IR illuminator.

Reply to
Matt Ion

NSA PSYCHOPATH Partick Hurley,

If I see you somewhere I WILL NOT HESITATE even a SINGLE SECOND to PUT a BULLET through your HEAD and KILL YOU knowing FULLY WELL you are an NSA PSYCHOPATH.

I dont know if it is a CRIME to say this but I DONT FUCKING CARE. How many americans said this to NSA PSYCHOPATHS in your history ?

Come and ARREST me and CHARGE me with a CRIME.

I cant wait to get my day in COURT.

Give exactly the SAME WEAPON to any FBI, CIA and NSA PSYCHOPATH and a NON-AMERICAN to FIGHT and these US GOVT IMPOTENT PSYCHOPATHS will DROP their WEAPONS and RUN like HELL crying Mommy, Mommy, Mommy HELP ME.

The WORST PART is 300 mil AMERICAN PROGRAMMED SLAVES worship these IMPOTENT GOVT PUSSIES as BRAVE WARRIORS.

MYTH: America is a LAND of the FREE and HOME of the BRAVE

FACT: America is a LAND of GOVT PROGRAMMED SLAVES and HOME of the PUSSIES

Reply to
McGin

Matt,

Dont let these NSA PSYCHOPATHS laugh at you in their offices.

Reply to
McGin

I got a Vitek camera for about $180-ish, works great. Here's a few pics. The resolution is "ok" on these, mainly cuz I took them off the webserver renderer. I noticed that while i'm at the main PC, the resolution is much better. First 2 pics at night, 2nd set is during day.

formatting link
formatting link

----------------------------------------------------- Note: I am a mere end-user with no financial stake in any products that I may discuss.

My Personal Website w/my Home Automation PC:

formatting link
last updated 4/11

Reply to
IVB

Did anyone bother? I thought about it, but figured that someone already had. Needs to be forwarded with complete headers, in any case.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

I have not had much luck with IR cameras with LEDs at a range of much more than 35 feet. There are some high power auxilary illuminators that work well at a distane, but they tend to have a pretty narrow beam width.

You really need to define exactly what it is you are trying to see. A general view of a very wide area is not going to be done well with a single camera in broad daylight much less at night with auxilary illumination.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

GOVT DICKSUCKING SLAVE FARTbarkle,

I can't wait.

Reply to
McGin

There are two types of "infrared" cameras. What you are most likely referring to is a monochrome camera that uses infrared illuminators to enable the camera to operate in low to zero lux conditions. The other type is what's commonly called a thermal imager. Thermal imagers are sensitive to the very small variations of surface temperatures of whatever happens to be in the field of view. These are very expensive, but are limited by the range of IR illuminators. They can also see through fog, rain, snow, etc.

Extreme CCTV makes some very good infrared illuminators and cameras. I'd check them out at extremecctv.com

Reply to
J.

There are two types of "infrared" cameras. What you are most likely referring to is a monochrome camera that uses infrared illuminators to enable the camera to operate in low to zero lux conditions. The other type is what's commonly called a thermal imager. Thermal imagers are sensitive to the very small variations of surface temperatures of whatever happens to be in the field of view. These are very expensive, but are not limited by the range of IR illuminators. They can also see through fog, rain, snow, etc.

Extreme CCTV makes some very good infrared illuminators and cameras. I'd check them out at

formatting link
Btw, there is a company called "Hurley" that makes some pretty cool thermal imaging equipment including a 640 rez uncooled ir with about a half-million dollar price tag. Check them out at:
formatting link

Reply to
J.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.