Be Careful Who You Partner With...

What are your thoughts about a 5-Diamond Central Station with several locat ions around the country who has not paid us a commission in over 100 days? This was a lucrative Lead that has generated thousands of accounts for this company. It has been a struggle to get commission checks since 2012. They are approximately 7 months in arrears on payments/commissions. We have call ed and e-mailed the Owner several times, but he is "not in the loop" and do es not care. We deal directly with the President who continually makes exc uses why the checks are late, and also tries to make us feel guilty for nee ding the money. The President also consistently tells us they have no money , yet they just opened a new central station recently. We have a contract w ith the company which states that we get paid, when they get paid. However , we did not anticipate that we would be waiting between 3 and 4 months for each check. We were verbally promised that we would be given partial check s monthly until the main check arrived. That was an empty promise. The co mpany also refuses to give us an accounting of accounts online (also in the contract). We have no idea how much money we should actually be receiving . We gave a Lead in good faith. This has been a financial disaster for our family which no one in this industry should have to endure. We would appre ciate any thoughts or suggestions on how to proceed with this matter.

Thank you, Marcia

Reply to
Marcia Seketa
Loading thread data ...

ations around the country who has not paid us a commission in over 100 days ? This was a lucrative Lead that has generated thousands of accounts for th is company. It has been a struggle to get commission checks since 2012. The y are approximately 7 months in arrears on payments/commissions. We have ca lled and e-mailed the Owner several times, but he is "not in the loop" and does not care. We deal directly with the President who continually makes e xcuses why the checks are late, and also tries to make us feel guilty for n eeding the money. The President also consistently tells us they have no mon ey, yet they just opened a new central station recently. We have a contract with the company which states that we get paid, when they get paid. Howev er, we did not anticipate that we would be waiting between 3 and 4 months f or each check. We were verbally promised that we would be given partial che cks monthly until the main check arrived. That was an empty promise. The company also refuses to give us an accounting of accounts online (also in t he contract). We have no idea how much money we should actually be receivi ng. We gave a Lead in good faith. This has been a financial disaster for o ur family which no one in this industry should have to endure. We would app reciate any thoughts or suggestions on how to proceed with this matter.

It's to late for this kind of advice but .....

Don't ever get in bed with large corporations that can out wait you, out sp end you, ignore you and cheat, steal and lie to you .... with impunity. I'v e been in this trade for 47 years .... on my own.

I once had a customer that was an attorney. I got payment for half the job up front. When the job was completed he refused to pay the balance because ... in his words .... he didn't have to and besides, I couldn't afford to s ue him for the balance .... He was a dick but he was right. That, on a larg er scale, is what happened to you. And, never let a building contractor lur e you into doing more and more work for them "until they get money to pay y ou from the next home they sell". Soon, they are so far behind that you can 't stop working for them because you'll lose all the money. It's a foolish trap to fall in. I learned my lesson in by dealing with the attorney, in a less costly way. Now I always provide a means for me to not give the custo mer complete control until I get paid in full.

Here's the big clue. If you have the means to generate business for someone else you certainly have the means to generate business for yourself.

I don't know what it is in this trade that makes people think that they hav e to depend upon someone else to be successful. But it's no secret that the re is no end to companies offering dealerships and people thinking that a d ealership is going to be fruitful. Some of them are, but there are always s tories like yours that show what a foolish, and dangerous game it can be.

If you do not have the ability to fight this organization in court, I sugge st that you continue your efforts ( you may eventually prevail) but in addi tion, move on to providing yourself with the business that you were "giving " to them and provide yourself with a living, instead of giving the results of your hard work to someone else. I can't imagine why anyone would be wil ling to give away accounts that provide a recurring revenue. It's the goose that lays the golden egg. Have you ever tried to figure out what your mon thly income would be now, from all the accounts and business that you have given away? Running your own business is a struggle and hard work but at l east it's "your" struggle and you are working for your benefit, not someone else's.

Good luck.

Reply to
Jim

ations around the country who has not paid us a commission in over 100 days ? This was a lucrative Lead that has generated thousands of accounts for th is company. It has been a struggle to get commission checks since 2012. The y are approximately 7 months in arrears on payments/commissions. We have ca lled and e-mailed the Owner several times, but he is "not in the loop" and does not care. We deal directly with the President who continually makes e xcuses why the checks are late, and also tries to make us feel guilty for n eeding the money. The President also consistently tells us they have no mon ey, yet they just opened a new central station recently. We have a contract with the company which states that we get paid, when they get paid. Howev er, we did not anticipate that we would be waiting between 3 and 4 months f or each check. We were verbally promised that we would be given partial che cks monthly until the main check arrived. That was an empty promise. The company also refuses to give us an accounting of accounts online (also in t he contract). We have no idea how much money we should actually be receivi ng. We gave a Lead in good faith. This has been a financial disaster for o ur family which no one in this industry should have to endure. We would app reciate any thoughts or suggestions on how to proceed with this matter.

Thank you so much.

Reply to
RGS Tech Wife

I would make sure and contact the centrals listing agencys like 5 star etc and let them know there performance is not up to snuff these are important advertising they use and can not afford to loose

Reply to
NickMark

Thank you, Marcia

Hi,

I'd sure love to know who that company is. It would be so enjoyable to make them have to comply with their actual contractual obligations. Public exposure is sorely needed in this case since they have decided to simply ignore you.

You have been at this for 3 years with your struggles to get paid. You have to realize by now, that they will not change unless they are forced to.

If you will expose this specific company's full corporate name, owner name, and president's name publicly thru this medium, I will undertake to list some steps for you to follow in order to end your miserable record of payment collections.

When you do make this public, you will probably find a lot of people come on board to your side with further ideas. Companies that treat people like this will continue to do the same unless a lot of light is shined their way.

I am no one of importance, nor fame, but I have had the opportunity in my short life to move county governments, building departments, major corporations, US government agencies, senators and congressmen, attorneys, and the medical industry with its numerous allies, to change their errant ways when they crossed my path wrongly or someone else's path that I came to know about.

As long as your contract does not have any 'secrecy' clause of some type, you can talk about this to anyone, at anytime, and on any communication medium.

You have nothing to loose. You already have been on the loosing side for quite a few years now anyway.

E Dawson

Reply to
E DAWSON

Guys.. she provided a "lead", not installed the systems. Read again.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Hi,

Yes, I did read a "lead" ... seven times. I also read 'We have a contract' and 'The company also refuses to give us an accounting of accounts online (also in the contract)' ...

Let's not douse this situational race before the horses even leave the gates.

Additionally, if this is true 'It has been a struggle to get commission checks since 2012' which would indicate that this company has been paying commissions and that there is a track record of payments, that even if she did not have a written contract, the record of payments and actions of this company/central station proves in case law that they obviously had at the very least, a verbal contract established thru easily verifiable records of payments.

Tell me which company just sends money to persons without a reason and I will get my name on their roster.

And if you do not believe that persons should get recurring commissions for providing "a" bonafide income producing lead or leads that keep companies' earnings growing, then, you should unsubscribe to the American way and tell all those salespersons across the USA that they are stealing from the companies that they work for.

Let this play out.

E Dawson

Reply to
E DAWSON

It sounds to me like the OP does not know how many systems got installed as a result of the lead. It also sounds like the OP gets paid for sub-leads (a system sold as a result of a friend of a friend type lead). Unless they have a database that tracks that stuff, and its accurate, I don't know how you could track the source. It could get messy quite easily unless it is the end-user that indicates whom they credit the lead to. Since the OP hasn't been back to clarify, I think they got paid or decided not to pursue the query in this forum any longer.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.