Battery operated, motion activated, weather proof camera

I want to monitor a new home that is under construction. There is a temporary power service but no phone line. My concern is the theft of building materials and anything else of value that can not be secured until the house is near completion.

Ideally I would like to have the following: Motion activated, battery operated, wireless digital cameras (motion or still) They should be weather proof and have the ability to be turned off and on remotely. A timer would suffice. I would like each camera to be self contained, meaning all recording media and power (with several days of battery life - since it will only be running when activated by the motion sensor) is on board. If that isn't possible, they should transmit to a local wireless digital recording device when activated. I would also like to be alerted (pager, cell phone) whenever the motion sensor trips. This could be a seperate device. If the camera were able to be disguised or protected from vandalism, that would be great too.

Am I asking for too much??????

Reply to
buddyandtammi
Loading thread data ...

No, but you may be much better served contacting a local alarm company for this. We used to provide rental units for this...they were small trailers with generators and backup power. We had a telescoping pole with several cameras on it and radio transmission to our CS. A small perimeter of chainlink with razor wire went around the trailer, which also had sensors on the fence. We rented these to builders. See if you can find someone in your area that provides this service.

I'm sorry I sold mine, because there's big bucks in this now...LOTS of jobsite theft these days!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Game Cam - Game Cam - Game Cam.

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Bob La Londe

D'uh, just buy another one. At least you sold yours, mine was stolen.

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

Did you put this trailer together yourself or was this a system you purchased? We're actually considering this as a business. Construction is huge here, as well as jobsite theft and best I can tell there is no one offering this service. Do you remember how much money you had wrapped up in the trailers? What did they rent for?

Thanks a lot

Reply to
buddyandtammi

We built them mostly ourselves. It was over 10 years ago so pricing would be very different today. Some used equipment, some new, I remember we bought the generators on trailers for about 3K used. I think we had 20k maybe? Not sure..was long time ago.

We rented them including monitoring for 100 bucks a week.

I saw one (not one of mine) a couple of days ago, that looked like it was pre-fab...so someone must be building them now. I may go down that way again tomorrow, if I do I'll take my camera and get a pix.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.