Background Check

One of you guys posted a free open quick check for a person based on name and region a while back. I checked it a couple times and it usually showed the right people, but didn't always show current up to date information. For actual records check I use Intelius as my first check for employees in critical jobs, but I was curious if that free site was still working and if any of you could remember what it was/is? It missed some things, but for free it was not bad.

Reply to
Quizzical
Loading thread data ...

Actually you might want to take a look at what apartment rental businesses are doing lately to screen renters. And combine that with general employer screening and an unarmed security guard license.

The way the apartment rental business looks at things is they are "loaning" someone a property worth upwards of $100,000.00. A bad renter can cause a lot of damage costing thousands of dollars in repair bills and lost rent! So they take great care to be sure their investment will be well cared for. Lately they will check...

- Driving records (driver's license check) - The thinking here is that if a person is a responsible driver, they would be responsible in other areas of their life as well. Be able to follow the rules of society, etc. Also this could indicate a drug/alcohol problem.

- Criminal records check - Here the rental business is looking for drug related offenses. They don't want to have a "drug house" on their hands or be faced with an environmental toxic contamination clean-up cost. You would of course look at everything.

- Credit check - With this they are looking at the applicant's ability to pay bills on time. The thinking is if they have paid their other bills on time, the rent will be paid on time as well. This is also an indication of a person's ability to follow the rules of society. You should be flexible with this. Sometimes people pay everything on time, but circumstances beyond their control occur - loss of job, divorce, etc. Look at their records before/after that event.

Then they run a rental history check, that would be additional information as to their character.

Rental background check service (additional background checks)...

formatting link
And then regular employer checks. Confirm dates of past employment, pay, references, education, drug testing, etc.

Then pay for them to get an "unarmed security guard" license. For this they may need to be finger printed and more checks run.

formatting link

Reply to
Bill

Like I said, when appropriate we use Intelius and get a full report. For some positions they also have to go through a secondary check by another agency. I was just looking for the link to that quick check service somebody posted here a while back.

Reply to
Quizzical

I did see something like that posted here a while back. It was mediocre at best. I tested it with a dozen names that I have full backgrounds on, and it missed quite a bit. Sorry, don't recall what the link was. I suppose if it showed something major and you already had an uncomfortable feeling about a potential employee it might save you the cost of a full background check, but I would not trust it for anybody I actually hired. I do not pull any background check unless I am actually considering hiring a person, and I make them bring a certified copy of their driving record when they fill out an application.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

So, do you know what the link is?

Reply to
Yeah And...

formatting link
I double checked it, and its still missing stuff.

Reply to
Yeah And...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.