Background Check

Well, I eliminated another prospective employee. Sad. If he had told the truth on the application he might have had a chance to explain, but when the driving report he brings in doesn't match up with what comes in on the background check that is bad enough, but when felonies appear as well...

Then I suppose if they were smart enough to understand lying on an application will get them removed from consideration, they probably wouldn't have gotten caught in the first place. Maybe they think its me that's dumb. Maybe they think I won't do a real background check.

Sadly he was the only one who showed up to fill out an application. I'm sure looking forward to the next round of calls from DES on guys who are collecting unemployment. "Yep, they called. They got offered a chance to fill out an application. Nope they didn't show up. The felon actually came in though."

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Monster.com has been a total waste of time. Guys who have zero (0) qualifications as an installer or technician wanting to start as the boss making more than I make is all that has generated. Well, that and some SPAM.

Grrrrrr....

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Finding employees online isn't the only thing that's awful about the Internet... Buyerzone.com was a waste of time for me when it came to selling systems/services online. It's been my experience that online shoppers only concern themselves with price, not the product or warranty... The question was always "How much down, how much a month"... I was never asked about: Number of years in business, what type of equipment will be used, Licensing, Insurance, or system warranty...

Reply to
Russell Brill

It apears those who want work are gainfully employed and all that is left is the bottom of the barrel in many parts of country many of my customers are pulling there hair out to fill even semi skilled posistions in warehouse ,drivers ,service etc. Forget totally trying to get any high tech high skilled posistions filled. and no one wants to start entry level and work into the high skilled posistions especially if they have to work in extreme weather conditions. every one wants to sit in front of a computer have 2 hour lunch break 12 weeks paid vactaion full benefits and get paid $100,000.00 a year for no work. And this new generation of teens entering the market are some of the softest i have seen yet no macho any thing.Who is going to fill the 50-70% gap expected as tradesman retire over next 10 years this country is going to run into some very serious problems if we do not get a trained labor force in place. I have many industrial accounts were i do electrical repairs etc and at 46 I am one of the youngest people in the shop. sad comment on were our labor force has gone.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.