B connectors

Got a few questions about "beanies"?

Where do you get yours (if you use 'em)?

What do you consider a good price?

Dry or gel filled or do you carry both and which one you use depends on location or conditions?

Just curious.

Reply to
JoeRaisin
Loading thread data ...

we use the gel filled and purchasing gets Them from ADI not sure of the price.. also you might try some of the gel filled wire nuts for those larger bundles

trick with beenies "never fully mash them down (they'll cut your wires)

RTS

Got a few questions about "beanies"?

Where do you get yours (if you use 'em)?

What do you consider a good price?

Dry or gel filled or do you carry both and which one you use depends on location or conditions?

Just curious.

Reply to
Rocky

Thanks.

Another trick I've found is to ensure that there is at least a little insulation under the teeth or they can slip off, revealing bare copper inviting a short.

I usually strip and twist about half an inch and then fully seat the wire in the beenie.

ADI was my first thought, but we've been having problems with deliveries taking forever.

Google pulled up quite a few low voltage stuff suppliers - I'll give one of them a whirl.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Back when I was ordering for myself I used S.E.S. out of Indie or L'ville but that was a long time ago.. even used S&B down in La. but they been gone for ages...

RTS

Thanks.

Another trick I've found is to ensure that there is at least a little insulation under the teeth or they can slip off, revealing bare copper inviting a short.

I usually strip and twist about half an inch and then fully seat the wire in the beenie.

ADI was my first thought, but we've been having problems with deliveries taking forever.

Google pulled up quite a few low voltage stuff suppliers - I'll give one of them a whirl.

Reply to
Rocky

Joe, I got my last stock back in 2011 and bought 3000. They are Tane Alarm B-Connectors and are the dry variety. They come in plastic cases packed in 100 each bags. Cost at the time was about $72.00 for the whole order. I am presently down to about 400 or so. May have to place an order in the near future. Would be interested in what you find as a good price.

At the time I did not shop around just added to another order from TriEd.

I only use the gel filled when they come with an electric strike that I am installing.

Hope that helps.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Hi,

You can try quick-switch.com tel. 866-784-2511. In 5000 lots for dry-type, or 5 plastic-bin boxes was $110.00 or $22.00 each this time last year. Way lower than the establishment vendors. If you buy anything other than sale items from ADI, you are paying too much.

Reply to
E DAWSON

Ended up going with SES. Packs of 500 - dry for $16, gel filled for $19.25.

Beat the prices I was finding anywhere on the web. I avoided ADI since orders from them have been taking forever and the boss can't seem to get them to return calls or emails until he has canceled an order and went elsewhere.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

You Can buy them at

formatting link

Reply to
michaelferer

tane 15-20/k non-gell

john am sentry

Reply to
John Sowden

One for bean for dry, one for bean for wet, one bean for more.

One bean to bind them all... "Dolphin Super Bs" grease filled.

Its just not worth it to screw around for me.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.