Audio hardware for CCTV

Hello everyone,

A customer asked if I can install a dome-type camera with a microphone. I've searched high and low, can't find anything. Does anyone know a part that would have a decent enough quality of sound and a shape of a dome, preferably as small as possible?

Also, not being able to find an all-in-one unit I am going to attempt to install a regular mini dome-type camera and, in addition to it, the Supercircuit's super high gain mic stuck in a hole drilled in the ceiling tile:

formatting link
Does anyone have any real life experience working with these? Do you get a lot of background noise with these? Am I off-base with this solution?

Thanks!

D~

-------------------------------------

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via

formatting link
Internet Knowledge Base for the security industry no-spam access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.security.alarms - 17971 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
DA
Loading thread data ...

Before you go any further, there is a reason you cannot readily find cameras with audio capability. Check your state and federal laws concerning recording audio without a persons permission. Everyone involved, including you, may find themselves in court if these laws are violated.

formatting link

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Well, latest I heard here in Pennsylvania it is not illegal to record audio but it cannot be used in court as evidence. I guess, it won't hurt to triple check that, but that's what a reputable CCTV distributor is telling us...

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via

formatting link
Internet Knowledge Base for the security industry no-spam access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.security.alarms - 18041 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
DA

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.