Arizona Alarm Association?

That's one I haven't been tele-marketed by before. Who the heck are they and are they any better than the other beer and bowling club?

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

are they any better than the other beer and bowling club?

Just a side note, I just read that Arizona just initiated alarm installation company licensing, so maybe it has something to do with that. I was surprised. Somehow,I woulda thought that they already had licensing. Hard to believe that the politicians hadn't tapped the cash cow long before now.

Reply to
Jim

Thats a great name for them.

And then of course there's the "NATIONAL" B&BC, .....except that they go to Aruba for their beer and bowling.

Reply to
Jim

Beer & Golf club, I think :) the bowlers tend to be local independants...

Reply to
Russell Brill

company licensing, so maybe it has something to do with that.

the politicians hadn't tapped the cash cow long before now.

I hold two contractor's licenses, but the only "alarm" licensing is by municipality. More of a trade specific city business license. I had not heard anything about Az starting separate alarm licensing. I guess I better look into it.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

and are they any better than the other beer and bowling club?

company licensing, so maybe it has something to do with that.

that the politicians hadn't tapped the cash cow long before now.

municipality. More of a trade specific city business license. I had not heard anything about Az starting separate alarm licensing. I guess I better look into it.

formatting link
Interesting. I'll have to see if I can get a copy of the text of the bill. The Tucson Alarm guy does seem to share my general opinion about licensing and associations being all about helping the big players screw the smaller players.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I looked at their web site and I think the key to this association is laws which are being enacted and the association speaking as one voice for the alarm industry in that state.

That is what a lot of these industry associations are all about. They can speak as a group to lawmakers about proposed laws or past laws which have been enacted which might need changing.

Also if there is going to be a silly law proposed, they can alert the members. Then they can attend meetings and "give input" about the proposed law.

In some states they might get laws passed that only licensed persons can do a certain type of work. Like in N.Y. it is almost impossible for someone to do their own electrical work. Pretty much need to hire an electrician.

And in some states they have laws where you can only buy a casket from an undertaker.

Or farmers might have a group which gets laws passed to pay them to not grow a certain crop, give them tax breaks, etc.

It is the American way!

Reply to
Bill

The Arizona Alarm Association actually is represented by more Police Depart ments, than actual alarm contractors. The president of this association is a manager for COPs monitoring. They have fought for years to being City Lic ensing to cities across Arizona. They also have fought for dual licensing a t the State Level. They are a branch of the National Alarm Association and their goal is to institute more licensing requirements that create hardship s for small companies and prevent new business from entering the market pla ce. We have have back, fortunately, since 1997. The legislation that the Az AA passed last year, was altered by our efforts and changed HB 2748 from al lowing any City to license alarm companies, to not allowing cities to licen se alarm companies.

We then created an association solely for Arizona alarm contractors. The Ar izona Alarm Dealers Association, arizonaalarmdealers.org, fights for small government and broadening the industry via bringing in new technology and e ducation. Membership is $30.60 per year, based on 4 times Arizona hourly mi nimum wage. Our membership has is expanding rapidly. (888) 303-3207 or visi t our web site.

Reply to
arizonaalarmdealers

There is a new kid in town that is standing up to these bullies. The new as sociation is the Arizona Alarm Dealers Association, non profit.

The Arizona Alarm Association actually is represented by more Police Depart ments, than actual alarm contractors. This explains why they fight for alar m permits for clients, taxes on monitoring and false alarm fines. They have fought for years to bring City Licensing to cities across Arizona. They al so have fought for dual licensing at the State Level. They are a branch of the National Alarm Association and their goal is to institute more licensin g requirements that create hardships for small companies and prevent new bu siness from entering the market place. We have fought back, fortunately, si nce 1997. The legislation that the AzAA passed last year, was altered by ou r efforts and changed HB 2748 from allowing any City to license alarm compa nies, to not allowing cities to license alarm companies.

The Arizona Alarm Association actually has been fighting to allow Municipal ities to demand alarm company information WITHOUT A COURT ORDER. They were successful at having the City of Tucson pass an ordinance were alarm compan ies had to send a list of clients updated every month, hold all records, bo th paper and voice records, for a year and supply any member of the Police department information as requested within 72 hours of request. Now is that insane? After we amended their bill last year, HB 2748, they promised the Cities they would come back this year and change it back. They brought fort h HB 2185 which we had held in the Senate.

Last year, we created an association solely for Arizona alarm contractors. The Arizona Alarm Dealers Association,

formatting link
fights for small government and broadening the industry via bringing in new techno logy and education. Membership is $30.60 per year, based on 4 times Arizona hourly minimum wage. Our membership has is expanding rapidly. (888) 303-32

07 or visit our web site.
Reply to
arizonaalarmdealers

There is a new kid in town that is standing up to these bullies. The new association is the Arizona Alarm Dealers Association, non profit.

The Arizona Alarm Association actually is represented by more Police Departments, than actual alarm contractors. This explains why they fight for alarm permits for clients, taxes on monitoring and false alarm fines. They have fought for years to bring City Licensing to cities across Arizona. They also have fought for dual licensing at the State Level. They are a branch of the National Alarm Association and their goal is to institute more licensing requirements that create hardships for small companies and prevent new business from entering the market place. We have fought back, fortunately, since 1997. The legislation that the AzAA passed last year, was altered by our efforts and changed HB 2748 from allowing any City to license alarm companies, to not allowing cities to license alarm companies.

The Arizona Alarm Association actually has been fighting to allow Municipalities to demand alarm company information WITHOUT A COURT ORDER. They were successful at having the City of Tucson pass an ordinance were alarm companies had to send a list of clients updated every month, hold all records, both paper and voice records, for a year and supply any member of the Police department information as requested within 72 hours of request. Now is that insane? After we amended their bill last year, HB 2748, they promised the Cities they would come back this year and change it back. They brought forth HB 2185 which we had held in the Senate.

Last year, we created an association solely for Arizona alarm contractors. The Arizona Alarm Dealers Association,

formatting link
fights for small government and broadening the industry via bringing in new technology and education. Membership is $30.60 per year, based on 4 times Arizona hourly minimum wage. Our membership has is expanding rapidly. (888)

303-3207 or visit our web site.

HuH???? A response to a posting from August 2012???

That's a bit odd. Did I miss a memo or scuttle butt around the water cooler or something??

Reply to
ABLE1

On Saturday, June 1, 2013 5:35:38 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote: HuH???? A response to a posting from August 2012??? That's a bit odd. Did I miss a memo or scuttle butt around the water cooler or something??

He probably did a search and found it. Regardless, it would still seem to be pertinent to anyone in Arizona. Bob L is from Arizona.

Reply to
Jim

The battle has just started in Arizona. The Arizona Alarm Association attempted to ram more regulations down our throats this year. We expect more next year. Corporate America is having a hard time retaining their monitored accounts since small business is taking so many clients from them. Government has been chosen to aid corporate America to stay in business.

Reply to
Bob L.

formatting link
Here is the website to an association that is out to defend small business.

Also, we have a FB Page recently posted, Arizona Alarm Dealers, that provides up to date info for alarm dealers also.

Reply to
Bob L.

Check this out. HB2546, sponsored by the Arizona House Majority Leader, wil l end the Board licensing of alarm businesses and employees in Arizona. It will also end the unconstitutional tax of alarm monitoring.

formatting link

The Arizona Alarm Dealers Association represents Alarm Dealers, not Governm ent and Corporate America.

Reply to
arizonaalarmdealers

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.