Anyone using perimiter fence protection

Have a customer with need to protect fence beams and motion are out im familiar with leaky coax etc any one use any of this stuff good or bad experience with it what do you like.

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

Many years ago I used a Microwave device to protect a storeage yard. But I don't even remember what the name of the mfg is now. And likely the technology has progressed to the point of being unrecognizable after so many years.

It worked pretty good for a number of years until the racoons moved into the neighborhood. It pretty much ignored blowing debris, birds and smaller animals, but since the racoons were so big and they climb up on things, it became pretty useless.

I avoid out door detection now and haven't done any in years.

Reply to
Jim

I prefer mines. If you position them correctly there's not much to clean-up. Mostly little fuzzy bits.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Unshaven burglars?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

ge

I was thinking tiger pit but i would have to rig up a heater for them.

Reply to
nick markowitz

ge

it was 28 degrees and inch of snow up here yesterday they had a foot near erie

Reply to
nick markowitz

I just checked out the window and it hasn't hit here yet. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

How you doing Bob so far everything is going good for me still have the iliostomy issue and some dizzy ness issues but other wise doing good and trying to build my self back up to full time work.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Glad to hear you're making progress, Nick. I'm doing amazingly well. The tumors are completely gone, which is a true miracle. The oncologist was saying that I had maybe six months to live. Now it appears I'm going to beat this thing. If I do, I'll be about the only one to do so. The prognosis for malignant pleural effusion from lung cancer is pretty grim -- often only a few months from discovery. I've had it for nearly three years and to suddenly be cancer free is unheard of.

I did have some minor surgery this week. There's some pain but nothing like what I had before. In a week or so I should be back to my usual, annoying self. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

That is absolutely fantastic news, Robert!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Thats fantastic but what is so frightning with cancer people diagnosed with less than we had are dead yet we where told we were terminal and are in remission. definately the lord works in mysterious ways.

Reply to
nick markowitz

When I filled out the paperwork at the Hospital years ago I recall the questions about family members having cancer. That was the first time I thought about the number of relatives of mine who have had cancer. My mother, father, one brother and one sister all survived various types of cancer. So have a number of aunts, uncles and cousins. One cousin died of cancer (small cell lung) a few years ago. All the rest beat it.

I don't recall if I shared this but one of my cousins, who had metastatic breast cancer, told me last week that she had gone roller-skating recently. Though she's an avid skater she was holding onto the wall. A woman approached her and asked if she needed help. She said she can skate but was afraid of falling because chemotherapy made her bones weak. The woman said, "You had cancer." She said, "No, I have cancer." The woman corrected her, "No. The cancer is gone." (Words to that effect. I don't recall exactly)

Lynne had taken a CT scan two days earlier. A couple of minutes after that woman spoke to her, her cell phone rang. It was her doctor. He had the test results -- full remission. She and that lady have since become good friends. She, like me, believes we both received a miracle. Even if the chemo was an agent of the healing (and there's not much indication that it was) as far as I'm concerned, God did the work. I'm sure He did it for you, too. Stay strong.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

ell. =EF=BF=BDThe

=BDThe prognosis for

I sincerly hope that last sentence isn't true.

It's been nice and peaceful here ..... the way it should be.

Reply to
Jim

I was kidding.

Yep.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Whew!!!!

Reply to
Jim

Have used the Copper Head System, ADI/Burtek sell it. Works great.

Reply to
George Siegle

I'm not sure if you realize this, but Robert had quit making derogatory remarks about you way before you reciprocated. Perhaps it's because you had him blocked but, regardless, the fact is we're "here" now. There are still a few who look on this as a brief "hiatus" and that may well be so. Perhaps Robert will go back to the way he was before. If he does, I know I won't be the only one who's going to be really disappointed. I've talked with him on the phone a couple of times. I think I got him on a "down" day once and I know I was able to lift his spirits a bit (which made me feel good). The past is the past, Jim. Perhaps the next time you "bump" into him at the ISC show, you'll actually introduce yourself. Leave the brass knuckles and the hammer in the hotel room though. ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Realizing that my posts were tongue-in-cheek, (as I'm sure Robert surmised) makes your above post needless and somewhat provocative.

I know where "I'm" at. I'm sure Robert knows where "he's" at ..... at this jucture.

There's no need for an arbiter.

This is all that I have to say on this subject. Feel free to continue if you feel compelled.

Reply to
Jim

I didn't realize that your comments were "tongue-in-cheek". That's often difficult to visualize in a "text only" medium.

I wasn't "arbitrating". I was merely sharing a few factoids. And the last comment I made in my previous post (and to which you have responded) was very much "tongue-in-cheek" (notice the "smiley"?)

I only "feel compelled" to clarify. You should know I'm the very LAST person that wants this forum to degenerate into what it was before.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I took it as though you were kidding and I can take a little "bump" now and then without getting offended. There's no need to walk on eggs.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.