Anyone knows the installer code that Tyco uses

Bob, As I said I am a big guy with a big head, hands, feet and also a big h eart, I would like to apologize for the remarks directed to you, and I trul y appreciate your response. I can see the way I went about asking was not t he most eloquent, but we here in the northeast tend to be a bit direct at t imes. That being said I was just surprise with the response I got back and figured there were some snot nose kids here with no experience, you seem to have many more years on me I got into security in 2000 after spending 10 y ears with Lucent as a engineer. The request was for a friend of mind church that is trying to extricate themselves from Tyco. Our market is the large commercial market, so we don't do intrusion systems more less fire panels. So once again I apologize for how I replied back to you. P.S. My invite still stands for visiting Staten Island.

Best Regards, Stephen James

Reply to
phoenixintsys
Loading thread data ...

Hey, Do ya think this might be Bass ----- reincarnated ?

Reply to
Jim Davis

rote:

default codes

ll you the code -----shussssh!

things that go along with being tall, I think you can guess the rest, so s ince you are a small guy with small hands that can use a small keyboard, I guess you have the rest of your anatomy small also, along with a small mind .

Now THAT's HILARIOUS !!!!!!

An actual typographical threat.

I'm surprised with all that bigness that you aren't typing in capital lette rs.

Now THAT would be scary. oooowwww! REALLY scary.

Oh, and your right, I'm sure you'll do much better with the ASSis People.

Your gone troll.

Bye Bye now.

SNIP !

Reply to
Jim Davis

rote:

ry default codes

tell you the code -----shussssh!

er things that go along with being tall, I think you can guess the rest, so since you are a small guy with small hands that can use a small keyboard, I guess you have the rest of your anatomy small also, along with a small mi nd.

Reply to
phoenixintsys

rote:

ry default codes

er things that go along with being tall, I think you can guess the rest, so since you are a small guy with small hands that can use a small keyboard, I guess you have the rest of your anatomy small also, along with a small mi nd.

Jim, Once again you are mentioning size, you seem to have the affinity abou t size. Are you trying to compensate for some short coming anatomically. Les was able to articulate his point on where he stand on the issues, as fo r you your reply always seem to be childish and immature, not once you said anything with substance. As for ASIS I don't think you have the professional credentials nor the men tal capacity to interact with people that look at issues and not, reply to people and a sophomoric manner without contributing anything useful.

Reply to
phoenixintsys

To be fair you haven't said anything of substance either. Nor have you added any value to this group. I am a member of many forums, and manage one as well as following several Usenet groups, and your interaction here is classically repeated many times over time and space.

1. Oh look a group that that might help me.
  2. Help me and do something that might even be questionable ethically and certainly only for the purpose of helping me.
  3. What do you mean, "No." I thought this group was (** insert phrase here), but since you aren't then you must inferior and I will insult you because I think you deserve it.

** Most common meaning of phrase is "here to serve me, intended to insult you, or better yet both."

One I see on my fishing forums all the time is,

1 & 2. "Hey I have never contributed to your forum, and I will not contribute in the future, but I am fishing a tournament in your area next week end and I am giving you the opportunity to share with me all the secrets, tips, tactics and techniques for your area as well as current hot spots and current conditions."

3.a. What do you mean no? I thought this forum was here to share information and help people. Obviously I was wrong. Maybe you shouldn't even have a forum.

3.b. I am also to lazy to bother doing a search of your forums among the tens of thousands of posts to find the information already shared freely. Just summarize it all for me.

Its old. Its tired. Its one way. There is some economic truth to each person only doing what's best for themselves, but if that was an absolute this group wouldn't exist at all. So how about you start over. Except for Mark I doubt many of the other members of the group have the codes you want, and it would be a violation of trust with those companies for Mark to share their dealer program codes.

The best thing to do in many cases is a panel swap, but if the only reason the church is trying to change companies is to save a few dollars a month and break a contract. Perhaps you should walk away anyway. You will never get compensated for the panel or the time in most cases. I've never had a church willing to pay me for anything, but they are more than willing to waste hours and hours of my time to get multiple quotes, say they want the gold standard, and then say "If you donate it you know its tax deductible right?" Even when I was hurting for money they wanted me to destitute myself to donate it. I'm not uncharitable. I have done work for children's homes and other charities totally for free, but they didn't waste my time looking for a solid gold handout when they could afford it. They truly needed it.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Bob, I THANK YOU very much for taking the time to type all of that. And, I know it did take time. I was actually considering typing a similar note to the now "Stephen James" but, I held off.

Honestly, I have a feeling that it will fall on deaf ears. Certain people just don't or won't get it!! Ever!!

Ditto on the last paragraph. Been there, done that many times over the past 30 years. I am lucky just to break even. Multiple times in just the past month or so.

Again thanks for taking the time. All well said!!

Have yourself (and the other regulars) here a great weekend.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

ry default codes

ther things that go along with being tall, I think you can guess the rest, so since you are a small guy with small hands that can use a small keyboard , I guess you have the rest of your anatomy small also, along with a small mind.

about size. Are you trying to compensate for some short coming anatomicall y.

s for you your reply always seem to be childish and immature, not once you said anything with substance.

mental capacity to interact with people that look at issues and not, reply to people and a sophomoric manner without contributing anything useful.

Fabulous reply Bob.

Although I must say, I wouldn't have taken up my valuable time to do it mys elf. We've been through too much in this group to start the whole thing over aga in.

I couldn't believe that he was touting his "professionalism" after asking f or help in determining another companys dealer codes.

Amazing!

Reply to
Jim Davis

panel 128FBPN

tory default codes

ll tell you the code -----shussssh!

other things that go along with being tall, I think you can guess the rest , so since you are a small guy with small hands that can use a small keyboa rd, I guess you have the rest of your anatomy small also, along with a smal l mind.

ty about size. Are you trying to compensate for some short coming anatomica lly.

as for you your reply always seem to be childish and immature, not once yo u said anything with substance.

he mental capacity to interact with people that look at issues and not, rep ly to people and a sophomoric manner without contributing anything useful.

for help in determining another companys dealer codes.

Guys, I get it,my approach on asking for help was not the best , I did no t think about the ethical aspect of what my request entail.What was surpris ing was the response, as for professionalism I ask fellow colleagues in ot her disciplines for help and a favorite reply I get back is " really I thin k you got to retool your request". That being said after getting back the r eplies, how would you guys attract people that might have something to offe r, and contribute to the forum. I can see that you guys are passionate about the field of security and what I can gather, you have the years of experience to back it up, so I will st ill monitor the post I am not going to disappear into the night, but hopefu lly maybe one day I can be of help to someone.Once again I appreciate your time and I would say our lively debate so far. An to update you guys I wen t on Ebay and got me a panel today as Les said just replaced the thing and I got some reading material from Honeywell and both my friend and I will at tempt to replace the panel, hopefully his points list is accurate.

Best Regards, Stephen James.

Reply to
phoenixintsys

;-) learning comes in many forms. RTS

Reply to
RTS

You would have completely cracked me up if you had said:

Learning comes in many forms ----- grasshopper.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Now THAT is the funnest thing I have read all day!!!

And it is 8:30AM on a Saturday. I believe it will stand firm all day!!

Thanks Rocky and Jim!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Well, I have not used a 128FBPN, but a quick google search will show you wh at the default code is, 5140 or whatever.

Again, as far as I know, it is not a lockable board. No *88 to lockout and prevent power up to get into programming.

Tyco is ADT somewhat? Look up programming on ADT systems, and you might get close.

Also, the board uses a removable chip right? Put in another chip...! Just s aying. It is not rocket science, just plain logic.

Even if the main chip is soldered on any board, there is usually another ch ip available on the board. Think outside the box- well not literally.

I do hate locked boards for takeovers. But, after some years, they are not a problem anymore. A cheap security system mainboard is not much dollars to spend, but a fire system/security combo board is not cheap. I do not think that any board should be locked out after the monitoring term expires. No company should be taking over the right of ownership of the board from the real actual owner of the system, and appropriate it to themselves only. If someone calls to get into a formerly locked system that has not a defaulted installer code, we give it out...

...Pause and take a breath... Do not worry, the code is only valid for that system, it is one of 10,000 combinations. You are not using the same code for your systems for everyone, are you??? Practice safe installer code allo cation, and you will sleep well at night.

Now, during an active monitoring term by contract, you better keep out of a nyone else's boards though.

Just trying to be fair, to everyone.

This is a good group, fun guys, you probably just started out too strong.

And yes, I am a small person.

Bee Bop

Reply to
Bee Bop

what the default code is, 5140 or whatever.

d prevent power up to get into programming.

saying. It is not rocket science, just plain logic.

chip available on the board. Think outside the box- well not literally.

t a problem anymore. A cheap security system mainboard is not much dollars to spend, but a fire system/security combo board is not cheap. I do not thi nk that any board should be locked out after the monitoring term expires. N o company should be taking over the right of ownership of the board from th e real actual owner of the system, and appropriate it to themselves only. I f someone calls to get into a formerly locked system that has not a default ed installer code, we give it out...

at system, it is one of 10,000 combinations. You are not using the same cod e for your systems for everyone, are you??? Practice safe installer code al location, and you will sleep well at night.

anyone else's boards though.

Hello, Thank you for your thoughtful response, I took Bob's advice and went and got a board and is in the process of getting the church to get their r elationship with Tyco sorted out and we will give it a shot, will post our success or epic failure on this adventure. Once again to all the guys that replied I would like to acknowledge that my request was blunt and was not looking at the ethical aspect of asking to r eveal protected information. As for small person , I would say you are big on looking at things in a co llaborative point of view. Thank you for you advice and look forward to hopefully one day have some th ing to contribute

Regards, Stephen James.

Reply to
phoenixintsys

what the default code is, 5140 or whatever.

d prevent power up to get into programming.

saying. It is not rocket science, just plain logic.

chip available on the board. Think outside the box- well not literally.

t a problem anymore. A cheap security system mainboard is not much dollars to spend, but a fire system/security combo board is not cheap. I do not thi nk that any board should be locked out after the monitoring term expires. N o company should be taking over the right of ownership of the board from th e real actual owner of the system, and appropriate it to themselves only. I f someone calls to get into a formerly locked system that has not a default ed installer code, we give it out...

at system, it is one of 10,000 combinations. You are not using the same cod e for your systems for everyone, are you??? Practice safe installer code al location, and you will sleep well at night.

anyone else's boards though.

Yes it can be completely locked out but not through installer programming

And while replacing the board can be easy when you are dealing with a large board like a 128 that it can be a major pain getting everything to work li ke it did before especially when you don't know how it was previously confi gured

Reply to
mleuck

Not to mention the likely Monitoring Contract that will be in violation once someone other than Tyco touches the panel. And then there are local/state code violations if this panel happens to be an approved Fire Alarm install. Duhhhh

Just saying.

Maybe all of that is for another thread...... or not!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

On Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 10:40:43 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wr ote:

nt and got a board and is in the process of getting the church to get their relationship with Tyco sorted out and we will give it a shot, will post ou r success or epic failure on this adventure.

my request was blunt and was not looking at the ethical aspect of asking to reveal protected information.

collaborative point of view.

thing to contribute

Yes? Yes? Hello?

Bass? Bass? Is that you ? ? ? ?

OH GOD! Please tell me that reincarnation isn't true ! ! !

Reply to
Jim Davis

went and got a board and is in the process of getting the church to get the ir relationship with Tyco sorted out and we will give it a shot, will post our success or epic failure on this adventure.

t my request was blunt and was not looking at the ethical aspect of asking to reveal protected information.

a collaborative point of view.

thing to contribute

Who is this person Bass, he must have left a great impression on you,you mu st think very highly of him, Please enlighten me on this mythical person yo u refer to

Reply to
phoenixintsys

OH NO!!! To ask such a question with out a typing a actual question mark. AKA (?)

This may be a good time to just go on vacation for a month and hopefully upon return, all the potential discussions will be easily deleted as if it they never happened.

Have a good weekend, Jim, Bob, Rocky, et al.

I will now start packing. :-)

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

my favorite weekend, sleeping in, and a nice lunch.. ;-) RTS

Reply to
RTS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.