Anyone have RPM/2 Pro software?

I need it to configure a Moose security system that's set for remote configuration only, but I've had no luck finding it.

Reply to
lee.fischman
Loading thread data ...

Jesus.. I have it on some drive somewhere.

Just replace the panel dude.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Lee,

Try here:

formatting link

Scroll down the list.

Good luck,

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Wow! Moose. There is something I haven't touched in a while.

Anybody remember when Westing House accelerated the price slide towards zero with the $149.95 Z900 installs?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Don't remember that but FWIW Dept. I will be upgrading a Z1100E on Thursday that has been working since about 1990. The communicator finally went south and won't be back.

The biggest problem it was installed by an idiot who used "Station Wire" for everything.

Remember the RED-GREEN-YELLOW_BLACK stuff??

Well he used Yellow/Black for Positive/Negative on Keypads and Motions and Red/Black for Positive/Negative on Smokes all in the same system.

By the end of the day on Thursday I am going to be ready for the nearest padded room.

Wish me luck!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Back a decade or so ago, there were a lot of telephone trade guys getting into the alarm business around here. Every once in awhile I still run into systems with red and green being used for positive and negative.

Talking about old systems .... I was just working on a system with a Napco 900 that I installed in 1987. The damn thing ain't ever gonna die!!!

Reply to
Jim

Les a trick I started using about 30 years ago is to put a piece of masking tape on your arm and write the color code in use on it..

As for the station wire being used, after twisted pair got hard to find, station wire was the next best thing available..

Wait till you run into some old bank type wire.. All Black no numbers usually had 10 conductors in a jacket... Fun stuff...

I worked for an old Bank service guy way back in the day and he would rotate the loops through the different colors at each splice.. He claimed it was for added security.. LOL had to meter each wire at each end to be sure what and where it came from.... Got so bad on some jobs I made resistor jumpers of different values to clip on the ends of sensors so I could find them in the control box.. Course this was back in the days of 4 and 6 volt systems.. LOL

As for aged equipment I still have a couple of Moose MPI-50's in service (out in Barns no less) And until last year (2014) I had an Ademco 1004 (6 volt bats no less) in service at a hardware store....

RTS

Reply to
RTS

RTS, nice idea on the masking tape on the arm thing. I use a piece of paper with a door magnet stuck on the pane door. Does the same thing.

Either way the brain has to work overtime to keep from releasing the SMOKE.

You and I are dating ourselves with the knowledge of old panels. 'You' more that me. Never installed the MPI-50 but I did hear about it. I cut my teeth on a thing called a Capricorn, Z1100/e/900/950 and a few old Vista stuff.

I upgraded a couple of the 6 volt panels and one that had 2 zones. Keyswitch for arming, Zone 1 for entry door and Zone 2 for everything else. Zone 2 consisted of 34 windows and 7 doors. Finding a bad switch was a bit of a trick.

Our replacements (when we allow that to happen) would have no clue how we do/did what we do/did.

Enjoy the memories.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

A 1004! Light bulbs and all! That's really cool.

There's just no comparing some of those old relay panels to anything today. I've still got a few of them out there working. An old Admeco 100 panel wi th a meter and an 89 6 volt power pack. As stand by I'm using an Altronix p ower supply set at 6 volts so that I can use the 12 volt standby battery. I left the 89 power pack in .... just for the hell of it. It's being used in a greenhouse and has been installed basically "outside" all of these years . Somewhere in the 70's I think. Uses some of the old # 39 magnetic contact s and pull traps which have to be burnished every once in a while. But you can't get any simpler that that. If it trips it rings an old (rusted) Ademc o 1011 bell in a box which the owner can hear from his house. It's like goi ng back in a time machine every time I go there ..... which is not too ofte n.

I get reminded and still wonder why the old twisted pair wire had such thic k insulation on it compared to todays wire. Is it because the newer wire ha s better dielectric strength or is it just cheaper with less insulation?

Reply to
Jim

Holy crap. I think I would have just re-spiced the junctions straight-thru just for future service reasons.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I think it was Jim Rojas who told me he worked on a federal building and every wire and every conductor was the same color and they were not allowed to label anything.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

That would mean you could not cut the blue wire first and save the day!!

Reply to
ABLE1

You mean the RED wire ..... don't you?

Reply to
Jim

No no no, it is the blue wire. Always the blue wire. The red wire is always connected to the holding relay. Cutting the red wire will release the holding relay causing the 10 minute timer to start counting down in 100 millisecond increments greatly reducing the time you have to think about the blue wire or escape the explosive destruction of epic proportions.

Believe me!!! It is always the blue wire first. It's written somewhere in the script.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Ummmmmm ..... I don't know about that Les ..... Bruce Willis and Clint Eastwood ALWAYS ... cut the red wire.

Only Sandra Bullock and Jenifer Lawrence cut the blue wire.

Reply to
Jim

Thanks for the additional input Jim, but on that information I will stick with the blue wire. It may be 50/50 but, I like to stay consistent. I got nothing against the hard ass super hero but, dem der girls are mity puurty. :-)

Les

>
Reply to
ABLE1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.