? Anybody Recognize This DVR Card ?

Anybody recognize this DVR card pulled from a dead computer?

formatting link

Its 16 channels. The computer is dead with multiple issues. Thought I would drop the card in another computer if I can figure out what software to run with it.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Lacking more info, you'll have to spend several hours scrolling thru search results for "PMC video capture card".

I had to do that several years ago for a 4 channel capture card. Finally found a picture of one very close, went to the Taiwan website and downloaded a driver that (mostly) worked.

Ended up trashing the card and repurposing the computer.

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

Is this alarm related?

Reply to
Ant

Bob,

Looks like there are a lot of similar cards out there when searching Google Images for "techwell tw2804 16 channel dvr card" or similar searches, but none that I found that actually look the same. However, any of the web sea rch results seem to point to either ebay or the sort of companies you get b roken-english spam from... "DVr for only $8 you buy"

I figured the "4" in "TW2804" had something to do with 4 channels, so they put 4 chips in to make a 16 channel DVR card.

I saw in one post that Techwell is now called Intersil...

formatting link
hwell

When I was still building PC-based DVR's (I delusionally got into this work to get away from things like building computers), I would leave all the CD 's inside the case, taped to the bottom below the motherboard. This made i t very easy to format the drive and start over if needed. If only everyone did this.

Either way, I would just throw it out. Why have a one-off DVR out there?

- Chris

Reply to
Chris

Much more so than your stupid ascii art.

Much more so than your stupid ascii art.

.................../..../

.........\.................'...../

............\..............( ..............\.............\...

Reply to
Billy Wains

If the hard drive hasn't failed then you could put that in another PC and either identify the DVR software program or in most cases that I have seen the installation software for the DVR application is located somewhere on the drive.

Doug

Reply to
doug

I don't recognize it. What I would do is slap it in a working computer and let plug & pray do it's thing. You can get a PCI device number and look it up in the PCI database to get the manufacturer & part #. That should lead you to a software package.

Reply to
G. Morgan

..!..

Reply to
Ant

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.