Another Unlatch just failed

Just got a call a few mintues ago. Another Unlatch just failed. This one is has been in service for about 18 months. Yes its out of my personal warranty period, but since this is for a 13 year customer, and this is the

4th one to fail on their sites I'll have to replace it out of pocket or they will throw a fit... justifiably so.
Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

WTF is a Unlatch?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Motorized strike release manufactured by Securitron. (Not a solenoid operated electric strike)

Reply to
Bite Me

I used 1 and did not like its function and have not used any since

Reply to
nick markowitz

I just sold two more of the MUNL units. I've been selling them since they first came out. So far, none have needed warranty service.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Either they saved all the junk ones to send to me, or your clients just don't use them for any high traffic areas. I have been replacing them with a solenoid strike, and machining my own lip section to properly retract the mini bolt to secure the main bolt.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I'm not sure, though several of the ones I've sold recently did go for residential use.

Damn, that's gotta hurt... :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.