Another; Oye

Doing a cleanup on a system for a 2 million dollar house, alarm installed by a moonlighting cop. System's been in for at least a year;

Vista 15P

absolutlely no logic to zoning...it was like whomever trimmed it whatever wires he grabbed that was what went in that zone. Delay doors were also MBR windows, doors, etc. zoning jumped from a window on this side of the house to a door on the other side of the house - insane.

of course two conductor to doors/windows.

3 zones were programmed as zone type 4; both pirs - ok, another zone with windows and the WORST...zone 5 the smokes were zone type 4. 4 wire smokes powered by keypad power, eol at zone 5 and no supervision relay.

another zone was zone type 5 and that was a door and a window - huh? why?

6 zones for a 6000 sq ft house and a separate gymnasium building which wasn't programmed into the system at all - it was like; f*ck it we can't make it work take it out.

oh yeah, a 5881H running only 2 keyfobs?

this kinda shit gives me a migraine

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

I love that kind of a mess and you should too. Look on the bright side and that is the more of a mess the bigger the bill. Be glad it was a simple system like a Vista 15P. What if he would have installed a DSC 4020 and put all that crap on a single 2 wire AML loop.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Then you get the ones who say "How can it cost $3000 to fix it when it only cost $500 to put it in"

I avoid residential like the plague

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Reply to
Roland Moore

I do too...forensic alarm techs...we did 4 hours and are only half done, have to wait till the painters are finished to fix the smokes, and rezone it.

| > Vista 15P | >

| >

| > absolutlely no logic to zoning...it was like whomever trimmed it whatever | > wires he grabbed that was what went in that zone. Delay doors were also | > MBR | > windows, doors, etc. zoning jumped from a window on this side of the house | > to a door on the other side of the house - insane. | >

| > of course two conductor to doors/windows. | >

| > 3 zones were programmed as zone type 4; | > both pirs - ok, another zone with windows and the WORST...zone 5 the | > smokes | > were zone type 4. | > 4 wire smokes powered by keypad power, eol at zone 5 and no supervision | > relay. | >

| > another zone was zone type 5 and that was a door and a window - huh? why? | >

| > 6 zones for a 6000 sq ft house and a separate gymnasium building which | > wasn't programmed into the system at all - it was like; f*ck it we can't | > make it work take it out. | >

| > oh yeah, a 5881H running only 2 keyfobs? | >

| > this kinda shit gives me a migraine | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yeah, and that's in the $2M houses too... oh, the irony.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Brilliant, I love it :)

Reply to
Matt Ion

The same house where they spent $7,000 each for the 10 custom chairs in the home theater (picture the most comfortable and elaborate vehicle seat all the bells and whistles, make it a recliner and add an adjustable/hidden snack tray)

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.