Alegro question...

I have the alegro keypad and 1 motion sensor. If i set it to monitor doors, windows and motion sensor, do i need a door sensor to activate the alarm?

I get the impression from the manuals that i need a door sensor to tell the system to arm when i leave through a door.

When i set it to monitor door, windows and motion sensor and i stay at the keypad and wait for the exit time to expire and then move in front of the motion sensor the alarm does not sound.

I did have it set up so that if i left the house before the exit time expired and then returned it would activate the siren.

So i guess my question is do i need a door sensor to activate the alarm when i leave?

If i press arm twice then leave the house i think i still need a door sensor to activate the alarm.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I guess i could set it up again to sound alarm after the 30 seconds entry delay times out.

Reply to
justme2
Loading thread data ...

With only one motion sensor on the whole system, just program it as a door and be done with it.

By programming it as a motion (interior follower - either with or without delay) you are telling it to follow the actions of certain doors (entry/exit zones). One of the things it does for you is not activate the motions until the exit delay expires and then to delay activation in the event an entry delay kicks in. This way you can cross a protected zone on your way out or in without triggering the alarm.

Anyone crossing the protected door sans entry/exit delay trips the alarm instantly.

In your case, the whole point is moot.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

just program the motion as a delay door... i beleive it's zone type 10 (maybe 13)

Reply to
CH®IS

a real Spartan system eh?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

GE's bottom-end panel and 1 sensor, yup

Reply to
Mark Leuck

They make a good dishwasher

So like if you program the Allegro which has only on pir on interior zone...and arm it Stay...you're got some great protection eh?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

As far as stand alone wireless systems I Like the way Allegro seperates its dialer from the control panel. So if someone was to break in they could not disable the alarm by destroying the keypad. Unlike the Lynx and others where you can disable it rather quickly.

James

Reply to
James B

Sort of, if you rip the console off the wall when it's armed it will send a signal

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Oh? It *might* have time to pick up the line. It *might* have time to dial a couple of digits. It *might* actually have time enough to hear the tone from the CS receiver, but I doubt seriously that it would have time to transmit any useful information.

Reply to
Frank Olson

That shows how ignorant you are about the system, the dialer is a wireless module

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I have actually seen this happen, We had several businesses in a strip mall that had been broken in to. The burglar would pull the units off the wall and disconnect the batteries. Several of the business had the "lick and stick" alarm panels that were defeated. It wasnt until the burglar got to a business that had a standard alarm panel that a signal was actually sent. We were able to take over several accounts that day from customers who were impressed that our keypads could be pulled off the wall and a signal would still go through.

James

Reply to
James B

"Ignorant"? I could say "unfamiliar", but the one we replaced last year had the communicator mounted *BEHIND* the keypad. I was actually thinking of *that* particular install. :-P

Reply to
Frank Olson

I have actually seen this happen, We had several businesses in a strip mall that had been broken in to. The burglar would pull the units off the wall and disconnect the batteries. Several of the business had the "lick and stick" alarm panels that were defeated. It wasnt until the burglar got to a business that had a standard alarm panel that a signal was actually sent. We were able to take over several accounts that day from customers who were impressed that our keypads could be pulled off the wall and a signal would still go through.

James

Hopefully you charged a respectable price for the quality system & installation your company provided.... BTW, those businesses that had "lick and stick" systems got exactly what they paid for........... Sigh, some cheap people do actually learn from their mistakes..........

Reply to
Russell Brill

Next time someone asks Olson will give them "tech support" on it.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Provided "tech support" for any 24 volt Vista 128's lately? Sold any DSC Power 832/864's? How many of the Napco two wire Firewolf's have you sold to customers that have purchased either? Heh... You're an idiot, Bass. And that makes you twice as dangerous.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Oh of course

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I've just realized... I've just "bassified". Mucho apologies! Won't happen again.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.