Alarm/security related domains for sale

Okay I feel for you Rod...er G.. I'm officially upping my price from 39 cents to

Of COURSE Honeywell will dislike you using their name, DUH!

Here's a thought, think of a decent name that doesn't infringe on Honeywell then you won't have to tell anyone they are not dealing with Honeywell

Reply to
mleuck
Loading thread data ...

Yes, as I recall Jim was rather "unprofessional" in his dealings with the court. You definitely don't tell a Federal Court Judge that she has "no jurisdiction" or thumb your nose at her when your IN court. I think he had a good case but some of the things he wrote telegraphed his total disdain for the process (words best "thought" than "said"). Granted, Brinks really didn't have a leg to stand to begin with. They DON'T (and never have) manufactured their own panels. Every user and installer manual I saw had the Honeywell logo on it!

Reply to
Frank Kurz

They may not have manufactured the equipment but they likely have the rights to it.

Reply to
mleuck

They have the rights to the Brinks Logo, but to sue Jim because he's selling "their" re-badged programmer should not have turned out the way it did. Jim's defense submittals mentioned this, but his point was lost when he told the judge to "shove it".

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Yea judges tend to frown on that stuff I'm told

Reply to
mleuck

Hey G why'd you delete all the Honeywell posts? :)

Reply to
mleuck

But none of us know what the agreement was between Brinks and Arrowhead (I assume it was them since they originally made the programmer.

Would I have a legal right to sell and install something branded with your companies name on it? Even without any agreement I doubt it.

Reply to
mleuck

I didn't. Use a real newsreader and reader.

Also, learn about the x-no-archive=yes. Google automatically deletes them after 7 days.

Reply to
G. Morgan

assume it was them since they originally made the programmer.

companies name on it? Even without any agreement I doubt it.

I do it all the time. All the stuff I sell is "branded" and no one has an issue (DSC, Ademco, Simplex, Edwards, etc.). I think part of Brink's argument was that they actually "owned" the equipment and "rented" it to end-users. There is a valid argument that if an end-user cancels his monitoring agreement, and Brinks doesn't come out to remove the equipment, it could be considered "abandoned".

Reply to
Frank Kurz

rights to it.

(I assume it was them since they originally made the programmer.

our companies name on it? Even without any agreement I doubt it.

Since I assume none of us are lawyers we can't be sure what the law is rega= rding an old panel however Brinks is the only one I've ever seen with print= ing on the box stating they own the equipment. Like that made any differenc= e since I've ripped them out many times.

About the only fact is Brinks won and Rojas lost

Reply to
mleuck

Since I assume none of us are lawyers we can't be sure what the law is regarding an old panel however Brinks is the only one I've ever seen with printing on the box stating they own the equipment. Like that made any difference since I've ripped them out many times.

About the only fact is Brinks won and Rojas lost

Brinks who??????? I know who Rojas is....... :-)

Reply to
Russell Brill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.