Alarm Screen Shop in NE U.S.???

Hi,all:

I asked this question last year, and I never really got an answer. I have a couple of security screens at my house that are damaged and need to be repaired. Just to clarify, these are window screens with wires embedded in the screening material with a magnetic proximity switch that connects to my home security system. The two screens that need repairing have holes in them in a place or two and no longer have continuity.

I've had difficulty finding a shop for these screens. Do any of you know of a shop in the New Jersey or New York area, or anywhere in the NE U.S.? I'd ideally like a shop within driving distance, since packing these screens for shipment is likely to be difficult.

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Rob Houston

Reply to
rahouston
Loading thread data ...

Not to be too discouraging but we're in the chicago area and we send all of ours to a place out in CA..its the only shop I know of that does screens.

If you want the address, let me know and I will post it.

shipping isnt too difficult-- build a frame outta furring strips and cardboard.

Regards

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
jewellfish

jewellfish:

I'd appreciate the contact info for the California shop. Hopefully, others in this forum will offer the contact information for some other shops.

Thanks,

Rob Houst> Not to be too discouraging but we're in the chicago area and we send

Reply to
rahouston

we use to get all our screens custom made from Advance Alarm Products

3621 Shallowford Rd. Doraville, GA. 30340 770-454-7669 Good prices and fast turn around..

RTS

Reply to
Rocky T Squirrel

We use a Houston company.

Alarm Screens Inc

10200 Hempstead Hwy # 2 - E Houston, TX 77092 713-956-0754
Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Supreme Alarm Screens, Southbury CT serves ADI and Elcor and Alarm Warehouse on Long Island. Bob Sauls formerly of King Alarm in HAckensack, NJ still does them I believe- E-mail " snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net" he may have the #.

Reply to
Mike Sokoly

Safe-Vue Security Screens in Pawtucket, RI, does an excellent job. They pick up and deliver throughout much of New England.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Thanks, guys, for all of the fine suggestions. I actually found a shop called NAS Security Screens in Allentown, PA. They pick up and deliver throughout the NE, and their prices seem reasonable to me ($54 to rebuild any size screen seems cheap). So, they actually picked up my 3 screens that need repair this morning, and they'll return them in 1 week.

Thanks again,

Rob Houston

Reply to
rahouston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.