Alarm reciever

yog had written this in response to

formatting link
: yog had written this in response to
formatting link
: Hi, Is there is any PC base alarm receiver .. which can decode alarm signal send by security panel.

I need to test the alarm signal send by alarm receiver is fine or not .. I am using Brinks security pannel . Please help.

Yog\\//.

-------------------------------------

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via

formatting link
Internet Knowledge Base for the security industry no-spam access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.security.alarms - 44566 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
yog
Loading thread data ...

Brinks systems are basically trash. Do yourself a favor and replace it with something more user & installer friendly.

Jim Rojas

to

formatting link
:

to

formatting link
:

Reply to
Techman

I just moved in to a house with a Brinks system already in it. My uncle is a professional alarm installer, so I had him look at it. He said the system wasn't very good, and he put in a real nice one for me. I helped him do it, and really learned a lot. Brinks commercials make it seem they are the best, but my uncle says they really don't do a very good installation. He showed me some reasons, and we took some pictures of our installation, and of the Brinks wiring that we removed. You can see the pictures at

formatting link
I guess my uncle was right. He said it looked like the Brinks guys were in a big hurry, or maybe they just didn't care about their system.

Reply to
failur_drill

That's pretty bad, but better than most Brinks installations I have seen.

Reply to
alarman

That is one of the best Brinks installations I have ever seen. With large companies like Brinks you really get what you pay for. When a company pays $8-$10 a hour to it's non english speaking employees, this is the quality of work you expect.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Techman

First rate garbage.

You'll not likely find anyone here who can help you very much.

If you're not up to doing it yourself, get someone in to evaluate what you've got to see if any of it is salvageable ........... then work from there.

Reply to
Jim

Wow those are better than most Brinks jobs I've ripped out.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.