Alarm receiver simulator software

Does anyone know if there is software that can convert the data the alarm panel sends out that would allow you to use a standard modem? I'm looking to run some sort of a emulator in the background that would mimic the Silent Knight 5530 modem. So when the panel called out it would go into the standard modem and be converted by the emulator before going into the 5540 software.

If the panel calls out and connects to a standard modem does it know that it's not connecting to an Alarm Receiver at a Central Station?

Is there a way to run a terminal program in host mode and have the panel transmit it's alarm to it?

I have searched the Internet and found a serial converter that converts from SIA to ASCII. Would this work ?

Thanks

Bill snipped-for-privacy@nycap.rr.com

formatting link
100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

Reply to
Bill
Loading thread data ...

You will need to generate the handshake and kiss-off tones that the receiver sends. Without those the DACT will keep trying until it goes into a communication trouble mode.

Also note that most DACTs need to see constant DC voltage from the phone line emulator or they will go into a trouble mode. Typical US telco lines run at ~48-51 Volts DC. The DACT might tolerate a lower voltage though.

If this project is to be implemented on a working fire alarm system there are UL and fire alarm code considerations which you should probably discuss with your local AHJ.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You may be able to find to manufacturer prepared software packages that can do this. The first is prepared by Honeywell (Former Ademco) for their 685 receiver. It emulates this receiver.

The second is the one made by Osborne Hoffman (GE). They emulate the OH2000 receivers IP input and output.

There are limitations to the use of these software packages so do not depend on them entirely.

Once you get these programs running the modem emulates a receiver and gives the corresponding handshakes and kiss-off signals. The panel wouldn't know the difference. I don't know of any Silent Knight receiver emulators. Why does it have to be Silent Knight?

Any way, good luck.

Reply to
Okitoki

I tried finding the emulation software, but was unsuccessful. I found something else that looks very complex that may or may not work. If someone could take a look and explain how this works exactly I would be grateful. It looks like it needs Linux to work.

formatting link

I need a software program that can run in the background and handle the modem translations.

I will be using the 5540 Silent Knight software and would like to hook a standard modem to the panel. I need some way of having the application answer the call and send the ack tone sequence then wait for the panel to send the alarm. I'm not sure if I need the kiss-off tone or not. If I can get the panel to talk to the modem I should be able to make this work. If you have any ideas please share.

Thanks

Bill snipped-for-privacy@nycap.rr.com

formatting link
100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

Reply to
Bill

The Alarm Receiver in Asterisk only does the Contact Id Format, if that will suffice for you. You would then need a FXO (Foreign Exchange Office) device to connect to a telephone line or a FXS (Foreign Exchange Station)to connect to a phone set or panel etc. By far the easiest to use would be the IAXY (FXS) from digium.com. You should be able to connect your panel directly to it.

Reply to
ti_alarms

Please inform as to what e-mail I should send you the emulators?

Regards.

Reply to
Okitoki

Do you still have this available? If so, can you please email me a copy?

Reply to
GreySkull

Alarm soft .com sells a complete software package and board you install in computer to do contact ID

Reply to
NickMark

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.