alarm receiver emulators

Does anyone know of a software based alarm receiver emulator? I want the panel to dial a number and have the emulator pick-up and generate the proper tones for a successful kiss off. I would prefer it run in Linux.

I happened across this one:

formatting link
But I don't see a d/l link.

Reply to
G. Morgan
Loading thread data ...

Is Alarmsoft still around?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

The website is up. Has not been updated in a long time it looks like. Which product would help?

Reply to
G. Morgan

I have one but can't give it out, use it for testing

Reply to
mleuck

one:

formatting link
>

Why can't you give it out?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Asterisk is a PBX. Google for that. I'm guessing the Alarm Receiver is a module you can add to the Asterisk software.

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

The source told me not to

Reply to
mleuck

one:

formatting link
>

Could you provide the source so I may inquire?

Or ask on my behalf?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Yup, I got the Asterisk NOW DVD that has Asterisk, Free PBX, and a Linux build. I have not installed that package yet.

What I have so far is Twilio and Open VBX up and running. If I can install Asterisk to what I already have working that would be cool.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Yup, I got the Asterisk NOW DVD that has Asterisk, Free PBX, and a Linux build. I have not installed that package yet.

What I have so far is Twilio and Open VBX up and running. If I can install Asterisk to what I already have working that would be cool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

try running this in virtualbox

formatting link

its very easy to setup any OS on windows/linux/OSX and more, way better and fast then microsoft virtual pc, and its only a damn file, just back up the virtual hd after installation and you are good to go and mess up anything. copy back the virtual hd over the live one to go back to a fresh install..

And the best part, its free..

Reply to
<petem001

You seriously believe I would consider doing that?

Reply to
mleuck

• You seriously believe I would consider doing that?

Why not? Competitive advantage?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Ha! :->

Reply to
Jim

one:

formatting link
>

What is it a State secret or something? Why can't you tell me who the developer is?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Graham,

Didn't I send you the link for the developer or was that someone else???

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Are you talking about Asterisk or something else?

Reply to
G. Morgan

This...................

formatting link

Reply to
ABLE1

Ah, yes. You sent me that. I still have it in the inbox, sorry I havn't replied!

I found a script here that will help with Asterisk.

formatting link
And this:
formatting link

I thought Mark was talking about about something different he has.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Put it this way, it'll be easier to get Obama's birth certificate than for me to tell you that info

Reply to
mleuck

formatting link
Doug

Reply to
Doug

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.