Alarm Monitor

Does anyone use Amcest as a monitor company? Would you recommend them?

Reply to
BigRed
Loading thread data ...

I just checked their web site,

formatting link
and they really look down on DIY installs. They say a typical DIY thinks a security system is two doors and a PIR. Sounds like they think a DIY job is like what ADT wanted to install in my home, except ADT would have also protected one window out of

10 and given me two motions for $800. They also say that DIY installs are plagued by false alarms. The sky is falling, sign up with amcest today.

Bob

Reply to
Roberto

I spoke to the owner a while back. He said he had no problem with DIY at the time, as long as the dealer's contract provided him with the usual exculpatory and limitation of liability clauses. I suspect he'll want to deal with the dealer who sells the DIY equipment rather than directly with the DIY client.

He also has the lowest price (for dealers) that I know of anywhere in the US. Dealers pay as low as $2 per account per month. I don't know of any bad reports (or good ones) concerning Amcest. They've been around for a long time for whatever that's worth.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Never heard of 'em. Sounds "French" though... :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

I'm sure you must be thinking of Incest

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.