ADt pulse

Anyone seen this system yet? Is it through total connect or what? What about their pricing for that service?

Just wondering. I know what i sell the same services for and I wonder how they are fitting this into the "free system" model.

Reply to
motley me
Loading thread data ...

Tom wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@42g2000prt.googlegroups.com:

True it's not free, though i still see some of the dealers advertise it that way. They are not counting the "activation fee". I have used the 9047 panel a couple of times, but i havent tried the Alexor panel yet.

Reply to
motley me

snipped-for-privacy@42g2000prt.googlegroups.com:

I've had an Alexor for quite a while, haven't had any issues with it

Reply to
mleuck

It's a keypad made by iControl for I believe the GE Concord, it uses iControl's own remote services not Total Connect

Won't be free

Reply to
mleuck

Had one of my customers wanted total connect and liked it up till point he had to pay for it. above what he pays for monitoring.

Reply to
nick markowitz

snipped-for-privacy@42g2000prt.googlegroups.com:

RHC: Yes, it seems to be a very good panel so far. I have installed four of them in situations where you simply cannot get a wire between the keypad location and the panel location. My only comments so far are that the keypad goes to sleep very quickly to save batteries if you aren't using the AC connection kit, and the built in siren is not really sufficient if the panel ends up being located in the basement. I've installed these systems using the wireless siren which works very well, as do the rest of the wireless components. Paradox have a wireless keypad for their MG series of panels but having installed a couple, they are not as user friendly as the DSC keypad, although they also work very well (although a little slow to communicate with the panel....)

I think DSC have a good product here, and I'm sure the "money machines" companies will be buying this board a lot. Even an untrained installed can install and program this board.

The installer lock also cannot be "cracked" by convention methods(just like the 1616 and 1832) but we're working on it, so a locked board is going to stay locked (for now).

Reply to
tourman

Had one of my customers wanted total connect and liked it up till point he had to pay for it. above what he pays for monitoring.

WHAT!!!! Nick you're not giving it away FREE???????? Why not, I thought all successful companies gave everything away :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

This ADT Pulse thing i= s pretty amazing. I had a local ADT dealer in Miami come out and set my dev= ices/ house up with it, and I am so impressed with its capabilities. But I = continue to see a gel/ haze in the camera's what can I do to fix it? My rep= came out three times to help out but everytime they do its not happening a= t that time. It must be a humidity thing... Anyone else experiencing this?

Hope it isn't a glitch or anything..

Reply to
fyretvmedia

ADT Pulse is basically total connect 2.1 with some enhancements I heard t= hey charge up to $45.00 a month extra for it I have over 30 accounts with i= t and my commercial customers love it once they see what it does there will= ing to pay extra for it when they see all the time it saves them not consta= ntly running to office when an employee screws up and with the command and = control you can do with it very cool. Viking electronics has just come out = with a 4 port internet controllable switch if you want to do some cool stuf= f but do not want to pay a fee. Moose products years ago had a neat relay s= witch like that which worked on a phone line sold lots of them at time and = all it did was give you beep on phone action happned but there was no verif= y like there is now.

Reply to
NickMark

they charge up to $45.00 a month extra for it I have over 30 accounts with= it and my commercial customers love it once they see what it does there wi= lling to pay extra for it when they see all the time it saves them not cons= tantly running to office when an employee screws up and with the command an= d control you can do with it very cool. Viking electronics has just come ou= t with a 4 port internet controllable switch if you want to do some cool st= uff but do not want to pay a fee. Moose products years ago had a neat relay= switch like that which worked on a phone line sold lots of them at time an= d all it did was give you beep on phone action happned but there was no ver= ify like there is now.

I believe it's made by iControl not Honeywell

Reply to
mleuck

rd they charge up to $45.00 a month extra for it I have over 30 accounts wi= th it and my commercial customers love it once they see what it does there = willing to pay extra for it when they see all the time it saves them not co= nstantly running to office when an employee screws up and with the command = and control you can do with it very cool. Viking electronics has just come = out with a 4 port internet controllable switch if you want to do some cool = stuff but do not want to pay a fee. Moose products years ago had a neat rel= ay switch like that which worked on a phone line sold lots of them at time = and all it did was give you beep on phone action happned but there was no v= erify like there is now.

It looks an awful like I control think Honeywell is just rebranding

Reply to
NickMark

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.