ADT or FrontPointSecurity for a house?

Hello.

According to quick Google searches, it seems like FrontPointSecurity is better than ADT. Do you guys agree on this? Has anyone tried both for a house? Is it true that FrontPointSecurity doesn't have 24/7 support like ADT?

Thank you in advance. :)

Best regards, Ant (remove ANT if e-mailing)

Reply to
Ant
Loading thread data ...

The people that participate in this group are in or involved with the alarm= installation trade which has absolutely nothing to do with companys such a= s ADT. And .... even though I've never heard of Front Point Security, the v= ery fact that you are comparing them to ADT suggest that they fall into the= same category.=20

That is to say .... ADT is known for ripping off the end user by using thei= r well known name in the commercial alarm installation trade and their deep= pockets to advertise on TV, to play to home owners where they do little mo= re than trap people into paying exobitant amounts of money for years for th= e installation of a minimal amount of the cheapest equipment. Also, the peo= ple who install these systems are not ADT employees but simply people who (= in my opinion ) can't make it on their own in this trade and become ADT "d= ealers" who install alarm systems, then sell the accounts to ADT.=20

Find a local independent alarm installation company who is not part of some= national franchise if you are looking for good value for your money. Do yo= ur research of at least three local companys and ask your friends etc for r= eferrals.

Reply to
Jim

rm installation trade which has absolutely nothing to do with companys such= as ADT. And .... even though I've never heard of Front Point Security, the= very fact that you are comparing them to ADT suggest that they fall into t= he same category.

eir well known name in the commercial alarm installation trade and their de= ep pockets to advertise on TV, to play to home owners where they do little = more than trap people into paying exobitant amounts of money for years for = the installation of a minimal amount of the cheapest equipment. Also, the p= eople who install these systems are not ADT employees but simply people who= ( in my opinion ) can't make it on their own in this trade and become ADT = "dealers" who install alarm systems, then sell the accounts to ADT.

me national franchise if you are looking for good value for your money. Do = your research of at least three local companys and ask your friends etc for= referrals.

RHC: Bingo !!!....right on all counts ! At the risk of being self serving, do some research before committing to ANY company. My site is like many out there serving the end user...it may assist....www.homemetal.com

Good luck.....you'll likely need it....:))

Reply to
tourman

FrontPoint sends you a GE Simon XT and some sensors that you install yourself, how is this better?

Reply to
mleuck

self, how is this better?

Well that would give you the option of using screws to mount devices with i= nstead of double-sided tape or silicon that all the doorknockers seem to be= using lately.

To Ant though - Jim's post is exactly the advice you need. Go with someone= local who can install a better quality system with the technical knowledge= to install and service it properly. You should also find they can charge = you $20-30 per month for proper monitoring instead of $50-60 for frills you= don't need. There's a huge difference between companies that sell alarm s= ystems and companies that sell contracts.

- Chris

Reply to
Chris

yourself, how is this better?

instead of double-sided tape or silicon that all the doorknockers seem to be using lately.

And which method of mounting do you suppose an inexperienced customer would choose? Especially when the manufacturers often include double-stick tape with the sensor.

Reply to
mleuck

instead of double-sided tape or silicon that all the doorknockers seem to be using lately.

choose? Especially when the manufacturers often include double-stick tape with the sensor.

I would hope the average inexperienced customer would have more common sense than the average inexperienced doorknocker.

Although I find that parts usually have under-sized, philips screws included, or occasionally both screws and tape.

The only parts I can think of that only have tape included are the ones that can only be mounted with tape, such as the "vanishing" contacts from Secure Wireless. This is one reason why I don't use those contacts.

- Chris

Reply to
Chris

Hi again.

Does anyone have personal opinions on Protect America and Time Warner Cable's home security systems compared to the others earlier? This is for a big one floor house, with a family, who don't want to build one.

Ant wrote:

Reply to
Ant

choose? Especially when the manufacturers often include double-stick tape with the sensor.

Reply to
onlinealarmquotes

Reply to
onlinealarmquotes

L.A., CA.

Reply to
Ant

With a name like "Ant" certainly you must have heard of Edward O. Wilson. From Smithsonian magazine: Ants are a wildly successful sector of nature?s bestiary, accounting for maybe a quarter of all terrestrial animal matter?the same percentage of biomass that we humans can claim. They?re found on every continent save Antarctica and in just about every possible setting, and though you may dislike ants at a picnic, you?d dislike even more a park that was scrubbed antiseptically ant-free. Read more:

formatting link
Although you and E.O. Wilson seem to have a great admiration of all things ant, ants don't use electronic security systems.

It is unlikely that anyone posting here regularly would have occasion to compare and contrast two different (and for the most part competing) vendors of security services to end users. Those entities are competitors, and the people posting here already have a strong notion that what they have to offer in the marketplace is superior to what is offered by those type of mass market companies.

Without knowing the specifics of your unique situation, it would be difficult to recommend anything equipment or even vendor wise. Limiting your selection to those two particular vendors as you did, without discussing your reasons for that selection in the first place, makes the task of any meaningful recommendations nearly impossible.

There are other big brand names of security equipment. Honeywell, UTC Interlogix (formerly GE security) DSC (Tyco) DMP Bosch

2gig just to name a few

Doing a little on line research into what is on offer there and then perhaps making a call to the manufacturer to see what dealers in your area handle the brand you have interest in would get you a better start in selecting a security services contractor.

Hi again.

Does anyone have personal opinions on Protect America and Time Warner Cable's home security systems compared to the others earlier? This is for a big one floor house, with a family, who don't want to build one.

Ant wrote:

Reply to
Just Looking

Definitely yes! I have never met him before though. :)

formatting link
Yep! Ants rule!

This one does. My friend teased me that ants don't use computers, but I do! :P

Yeah, I noticed. :(

Well, this is for a big one floor house on a small mountain/giant hill, with several big windows and doors. Wireless isn't stable for the phone carriers, like Verizon and T-Mobile, etc.

OK, but what about services and supports? That is what my family cares about. :(

Would these dealers set up the security alarm systems as well?

Reply to
Ant

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.